chapter 52.

"𝓞𝓷𝓮 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓼 𝓸𝓯 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓲𝓿𝓲𝓵𝓲𝔃𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷 𝓸𝓯 𝓹𝓮𝓸𝓹𝓵𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓬𝓻𝓲𝓶𝓲𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓼." - unkown

The year so far had been one huge exam

The year so far had been one huge exam. Amor'e and Chris felt like they were constantly under tests, which were set by individuals who were against their happiness and it in general.

With their wedding only two months away, Amor'e was feeling very uneasy about it. As she rocked her baby to sleep, she couldn't help but think about Jordan and his minions possibly ruining that as well. Even though he was currently in prison because of the ongoing investigation 

Everything was basically set in motion for their wedding, but a few finishing touches had to be done before it would come to life like she dreamed of. 

Well, that and the upcoming court date 

Since the incident, she had some issues feeling safe. She had some issues walking and simply bending over for things, which, according to their doctor, was totally normal because she was still healing.

Chris saw fit that he hired an extra set of hands around the house to help his fiance out. He wanted to heal fully so that she could be ready for their wedding.

“So how are you feeling?” Jayda asked, sitting beside her friend.

Her and Dess had been spending a lot of time with their friend since the incident happened along with Chaylyn. Amor'e was super thankful for the friends that she'd gain amongst the ones she'd lost because if she never lost them, then she wouldn't have such great ones now.
__________

Several weeks later…..

“So Miss Winters. Can you explain to us in full detail what happened that night?” The defendant's lawyer questioned as he neared Amor'e who sat annoyed in the witness chair.

Jordan's lawyer had asked the same question just in a different context for the hundredth time. Amor'e was fed up with the whole thing, and all she wanted to do was go home and see her baby.

Chris's patience was starting to wear thin, and Amor'e could see that. She didn't want him to do or say anything crazy because of his history with the judicial system. In contempt was a real thing, after all. 

“Objection your honor, the defense has been asking the same questions for the past hour!” Voiced Amor'es lawyer, Paul Mathis.

“Mr Sawyers, get to your point or have a seat!” Judge Reynolds told the defense.

“Your honor, the evidence is little to none, and the plaintiff can't even fully describe what happened that night, so I say we call this a misunderstanding and -” Amor "e quickly shut him up.

“A-a misunderstanding? Are you crazy? You're defending the devil himself, and you don't even know it. You've known your client for five minutes while I've known him all my life, and it was hell every single day!-

“Jordan used to abuse me both physically, mentally, and emotionally, and you want to call this a misunderstanding? Do you have children, Mr. Reynolds?” Amor'e asked.

“Miss Winters-” The judge began, but Amor'e wasn't having it. She needed to say her peace right this moment.

“With all due respect, judge, I really have to get this out now. My apologies in advance”.

“Well do you, Mr Reynolds?” She asked once more.

“I do” He responded, knowing where this was headed.

“How would you feel if it was your child sitting on this stand because she was or he was wronged and all you could do is watch on and heat ugly things being said about her? I have two children, and I can't even begin to imagine what I would do. god forbid they were ever to be in that position. Jordan couldn't accept the fact that I didn't want him anymore. That I found someone better. Both him and my ex friends have made my life a living hell. They've put my family in danger, and I want them to pay for everything that they have done to me” There was a pregnant pause that fell upon the courtroom.

Chris was so proud of his girl because she stood up for herself and told nothing but the truth. Dess, Chaylyn, and Jayda were also very proud of their friend.

“Yessss, give it to em now !” Dess said aloud, making the judge silence her.

“Everybody's a critique” Dess rolled her eyes.

“We'll take a short recess while the jury takes some time to reach their verdict” Everyone scattered out of the courtroom.

Amor'e felt good about what she said. She could feel Jordan's eyes piercing her skin, but she couldn't care less.
___________

What do you guys think the verdict will be?

Thank you guys so much for reading, i hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Please don't forget to vote, comment your thoughts on this chapter or the entire book, and add it to your libraries.