Home Sweet Home

It was just after 10:00 when Emma and Macey arrived at the loft and Emma knew both her parents and son would be waiting up. If she were being truthful, Emma was worried about how the meeting would go. Mary Margaret tended to get overexcited easily and was sure to ask Macey a ton of questions, and Henry likely wouldn't stop talking. She could only hope they wouldn't make Macey uncomfortable.

Emma had only just opened the door to the apartment and stepped inside when she was nearly knocked off her feet by the force of her son barreling into her. She wrapped her arms around him and held him tight. Although she had only left yesterday morning, it was good to be home.

Mary Margaret was the next to hug Emma, closely followed by David. David had just let go of Emma when Henry walked over to Macey and held out a hand. "You must be Macey. I'm Henry! Your brother!"

Macey slowly reached out and shook Henry's outstretched hand bringing a smile to Emma's face. Macey opened her mouth but was cut off by an overexcited Mary Margaret. "Hi, Macey!" She exclaimed. "My name is Mary Margaret. You can call me that, or you can call me grandma. It's so nice to meet you and we're so happy you're here!" She said all of this very fast and it was obvious that Macey was becoming overwhelmed.

"You look so much like your mom." Mary Margaret continued breathlessly. "Doesn't she look like Emma, David?"

David opened his mouth, probably to agree, but was cut off by his wife. "That's my husband, David. Your grandpa." She introduced. "We're both so happy you're here."

Emma was sure her mom was never going to shut up, but luckily David stepped forward, putting a hand on her shoulder.

"It's been a long day..." Emma began. She could tell that Macey was uncomfortable and was hoping her parents, mostly her mom, would notice this too and back off a bit. Unfortunately she didn't.

"Of course it has been." Mary Margaret said. "How about we go have some hot cocoa and we can talk."

Macey looked down at her feet and yawned.

"She's pretty tired." Emma said. And so am I. She thought. "I think we should leave the talking for tomorrow.

"Right, of course." Mary Margaret nodded. "I set up another bed up there and added another small dresser."

Emma gave her mom a grateful smile before putting an arm around Macey and the other one around Henry. "I think it's time you both get some sleep."

"Awe." Henry whined. "But I'm not tired."

Emma rolled her eyes, a small smile on her face. "Maybe you aren't but we are. You have plenty of time to get to know your sister, now go get ready for bed."

"Okay, fineeeee." Henry groaned, drawing out the last word dramatically as he made his way up the ladder.

Emma turned to Macey. "I'll show you where the bathroom is."
......................................................................................
Macey rolled over and looked at the time. The clock read 7:30, but she had been up for hours. She had experienced moving into a new place several times throughout her life, but it never got easier. Something about a new bed and new surroundings always kept her from a peaceful slumber.

Macey glanced over at the bed next to her and saw that Emma was still fast asleep, before looking all the way over to the left of the room where Henry was. Their eyes met and she realized that he wasn't asleep and he had already seen that she wasn't either. It was too late to pretend now.

Henry jumped out of his own bed and made his way over to Macey's, before sitting down on the end. "Emma probably won't be up for a while." He said. "She's not a morning person." His eyes landed on the storybook on the bedside table. "Do you really know everything? About the curse, I mean."