Making Deals

Emma stood outside of Gold's shop, a fierce determination in her eyes. She was going to walk through that door, and she was going to do whatever it took to get him to agree to help her. She was going to find out what happened to her daughter, no matter the cost.

Upon hearing about their daughter's plan, both David and Mary Margaret had offered to come with. They insisted they wanted to help, and although Emma was secretly touched, she declined their offer. This was something she had to do by herself.

Emma took a deep breath, before opening the door to Gold's pawn shop, and walking in. Gold looked up from his spot behind the counter, a curious look in his eyes. "Ah, Miss Swan." He said. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

Emma took a step closer to the counter. "I need your help."

Gold chuckled. "Oh, and what makes you think I have any interest in helping you?"

Emma felt anger course through her body, and she was reminded just how much she really despised this man. "I'm not stupid." Emma said. "I know it will come at a price, everything does with you. But that's a price I'm willing to pay."

Gold studied her for a moment. "If I'm not mistaking, Miss Swan, you already owe me a favor. Are you sure you want to make it two?"

Truthfully, Emma would rather fight another dragon than make a deal with Gold, but she didn't have much of a choice. She wanted to find her daughter, and this was the only way to do that. "Yes. Now will you help me, or not?"

Gold smiled, but it was far from warm. "Well, that all depends on what it is you want me to do."

"I have a daughter." Emma said, admitting it out loud for the second time. "She's Henry's twin, and she wasn't adopted by Regina. I want to know what happened to her."

Emma was shocked to see that Gold didn't seem phased by the fact that she just admitted she had another child. It was almost like he already knew, but that wasn't possible, was it? She shook off her suspicions, and looked him dead in the eyes. "Can you help me, or not?"

"Oh, I can help you, dearie. The question is, are you quite sure you want to do this? You might not like what you find out, and once we do this, there's no turning back."

"Yes." Emma said, without hesitation. "I'm positive.

Gold pulled out a crystal ball. "This has the ability to show you your hearts greatest desire." He said. "All you have to do, is think about what you want, in this case your daughter, and the magic will do the rest."

Emma hesitated for a moment. She had been so set on finding her daughter, but now that she was close to finding out what happened, she wasn't sure if she could go through with it. It wasn't that she didn't want to find her, it was more the fact that she was terrified of what she would see. Henry was adopted by the Evil Queen, what could her daughter's fate have possibly been?

Emma took a deep breath before looking into the crystal ball, and thinking about her daughter. She thought about the moment she was born, and hearing her cry. At first, nothing happened, but then an image appeared. At first the image was blurry, but it slowly became more clear, until she was looking at a little girl. Her little girl.

She was so beautiful. More beautiful than Emma could have ever imagined. She had long blonde curls, much like Emma's only a shade darker, and beautiful green eyes. She was perfect. But the longer Emma watched, the more she felt like something wasn't right. The little girl had a look in her eyes that Emma recognized immediately. It was the same look she had in her eyes when she was in the system. It was the same look all the children had. As if all hope had been lost.