080

Chapter eighty | The Almost People

—THE GANGER DOCTOR let out a cry of suffering as he grabbed his own face. The Doctor watch with worry written all over his face. "Argh! What's happening? I wonder if we'll get back. Yes, one day." He let out another cry of pain. "I've reversed the polarity of the neutron flow."

"The Flesh is struggling to cope with our past regenerations. Hold on." The Doctor told his Ganger self.

"Would you like a jelly baby?" The voice of a different doctor spoke. Before it went back to his normal voice. "Why? Why? Why?" He questioned.

"Why what?" The Doctor asked.

"Hello. I'm the Doctor. No, let it go, we've moved on."

"Hold on, hold on, you can stabilise."

"I've reversed the jelly baby of the neutron flow. Would you like a Doctor, Doctor, I'm, I'm the. I can't." He cried as he gripped his others selfs jacket, staring him right in the face.

"No, listen, hold on. Hold on."

"No! Argh." G-Doctor cried before letting out a name. "Evie!" He shouted as he shoved his other self away from him. It made the Doctor's hearts break slightly at the mention of her name but ignored it. His ganger let out a loud cry as his face returned to being a ganger.

The other Gangers were trying to push their way in. But then... all went quiet.

"I think I liked it best when they were being noisy." Buzzer commented at the silence.

"Mmm hmm. Doctor, we need you. Get over here." Amy rushed over to the Doctor.

G-Doctor shot his head up, his face normal. "Hello." He smiled.

"Doctor." Amy looked at the Doctor.

"Cybermats." The Doctor said.

G-Doctor looked a little confused. "Do we have time for this?"

"We make time." He turned to his ganger while Amy rushed over to help the others. "I'd like more proof that you're me. Cybermats."

"Created by the Cybermen. They kill by feeding off brainwaves."

Amy looked toward the group. "Are you sure there aren't any weapons to can get to, like big guns with bits on?"

"Yeah, big guns would be good right now." Buzzer agreed as he handed Dickens a wrench.

"Why would we have guns?" Jimmy asked as he leaned against the door. "We're a factory. We mine." Both he and Cleaves turned when they heard the sizzling of acid.

"Acid." Amy muttered. The door started to dissolve and the Gangers began trying to push through the door again.

The Doctor stood beside his ganger. "Rory and Amy, they may not trust both of us."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" G-Doctor asked him.

"Inevitably." He agreed.

"I'm glad we're on the same-"

"Wavelength." The Doctor finished The G-Doctor's sentence. "You see, great minds."

"Exactly. So, what's the plan?"

"Save them all, humans and gangers."

"Tall order. Sounds wonderful."

"Is that what you were thinking? It's just so inspiring to hear me say it."

The Doctor chuckled. "I know. Oh, Eve would've loved this."

"Doctor, come on." Amy shouted as they group held up tools to defend themselves.