xv.

GROANING OUT LOUD, I surf through more channels on the television before ultimately deciding that there's nothing to watch and switching it off

Throwing the remote on the other side of the couch I slump down on it feeling bored out of my mind.

It was a hot Saturday afternoon; around twelve-thirty pm. And I have nothing planned to do today. I didn't feel like studying, even though I needed to but, in my defense, I already did that all week. 

Juliette took the role of tutor very seriously, not once throughout the week was, I left bare. You'd be very surprised how hard English can be, sure it may look simple but when you start digging into the verbs, and tenses, and all that stuff you'll realise how wrong you were about it all.

She made me have a newfound respect for all the authors out there. Day in day out writing endless pages of letters that form into words that somehow make a paragraph that turns into a plot that makes a story and honestly, it's so tiring.

With the test being a few days away the fear of failing is etched into my mind constantly. It's everything that I think of from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to bed and if everything goes well, I won't have to tell my parents or my friends anything. Not like I was going to in the first place.

I should really invite Juliette over for some extra sessions. Maybe I should text her about it.

Soon after my thoughts were interrupted by a loud annoying voice barging into the living room. "What you doing?" Diana says in a singsong voice, making her way to the same couch that I'm sitting on and plopping herself on it.

Oh, God.

"What you doing?" she repeated in the same voice.

"Nothing," I replied.

"Nothing?" 

"Yes, can't you see?"

"Okay, do you want to watch a movie or something?" she said while picking up the remote and switching on the TV that I recently switched off.

"There's nothing to watch."

"What do you mean 'there's nothing to watch?' There's always something to watch, you're just not looking hard enough."

"Who said?"

"Me," she rolled her eyes, "who else?"

"Well, for your information Diana, I have searched hard enough—why are you even here? Don't you have better things to do with your life than disturb me?"

"Like what?"

"I don't know—homework?"

"You're funny," she rolled her eyes at me again before clicking on the series that she decided to watch.

I looked at the screen before looking back at her, "Friends, seriously?"

"Yeah, what's wrong with that?"