Chapter 4 | The Romance Of Sacrifice

NOW Grammar Checked :D

-Hours Later-

---PTRS-41 Pov---

"Where'd this storm come from?" I utter, rather puzzled by it's sudden arrival. Just 45 minutes ago, there wasn't a single hint of clouds in the blue skies, now the suns beginning to set, and with it clouds have rolled in so deep the sky went from Blue to white, snow flying sideways at almost a 90 Degree angle, wind gusts up to 40 knots, and climbing. It's unusual, as my sensors told me the particles in the air lead to a 10% chance for snow, yet it's clear I didn't beat those odds. Through the snow my communications go silent, and my Signal Terminal does do, it's clear that I've hit a patch of heavy Alpha particles in this sector. Making communications with Counters, and anyone outside nor in the particles impossible. I can't see the Village ruins anymore, due to the visibility in this storm decreasing to a mere 12 feet of visibility, meaning i can only see 12 feet ahead of me at best. Trying to switch to thermal sighs doesn't help either, the snow's just too heavy, all that comes up is cold spots everywhere, no signs of hot spots where Counters would no doubt be hold out. I can only rely on my final sighting of the Village just 45 minutes earlier before the storm took away visibility. Essentially I'm going around blind, hoping to just bump into the place I'm supposed to be. Whilst praying I don't wonder atop a block of ice. Aware that my Tank Rifle is rather useless close range like this, I take out my M4 style second primary, chambered in 50. Beuwolf. It looks like a M4... that's all that mattered to me. I'd chosen it due to some personal connections to the gun. A long time ago a person I cared deeply about died, that person used the M4 Carbine as their selected choice of weapon. I will go no deeper into the matter.

Weapon drawn, I traverse the heavy snow storm. This snow deeply reminded me of my old Squad, I fondly remember them being a rough bunch, always hooting and howlering over something, no matter how small, and stupid it was. When it came down to a battle their demeaner changes, and it's all professional from there. They were a rather unique set of individuals. Our commander was so fed up with us in the first week on the frontlines, that he nearly traded us back to command for another squad, but after a few months he became very very attached to us, we felt the same for him of course. How I long to hear AK waking everyone up in a fit of drunk delirious nature because someone quote Drank her vodka, she was so drunk she didn't know she'd drunk it herself. DP28 always would play along and tease her when she did that. I remember those times now with joy, though I may wish that the times never came to an end, I look at it more so in the way of trying to tell myself do not be sad that it ended, but rather I try to remain cheerful that I had the opportunity to experience such a lively crew. We defended Russia for as long as we could... One by one we fell after the commander starved at 75 years old... Eventually it was just me, and DP28, we separated, and went off on our own terms, to see the rest of the world, hoping maybe somewhere in the world, Humanity prospered and remained on the surface. I never saw DP28 again. And I never found Humanity on the surface... But what I did find, was a group of Nato T-Doll units on the surface. With a commander still fighting in the Polish regions. That unit consisted of a mass produced set of American T-Dolls, M4, M16, M3 and St ar 15... and of course a commander, someone who felt... Off to me, from the very moment we met. Though this isn't the last squad I would bump into, it would however, become my new home. An so from there, everything became history.

Ahead of me, I spot a collapsed cabin, I can barely make it out, but I know it's a man made structure of some kind, telling me the tell tail signs of a village, I'd wondered in the correct direction after all. It wouldn't be long now before I arrived before the building counters is hold up in.