𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕: Communicate.

"PARDON ME?"

"PARDON ME?"

You were struck. Something overcame you and you didn't know what it was. You were never afraid of being comfortable with people, and if they judged, they weren't your friends. Bella would never judge you. You knew that for a fact. — but it was still teasing you. You couldn't admit your feelings, and if Bella heard you, you would probably have had a heart attack.

It was getting hot in the room, it only being your nervousness. You suddenly got up like a lightning bolt, Bella watching the brief movement.

"Are you okay?" They ask, concerned. Bella placed their guitar down, it leaning against the couch. You backed up as they walked towards you, your strange act almost making Bella think you were scared of them. You weren't scared of them, you were just scared of your feelings. After all the confidence you had, it was all down the drain.

"I need to— I need to get some rest." You were a rumbling mess, feeling a bit bad for how you were abruptly treating the actor.

That was a week ago.

It was January 7th, 2024. You half successfully avoided Bella the whole week, too embarrassed to face them again. You knew you were being selfish, leaving Bella to think they did something wrong.

It was all your fault. The friendship was going perfectly until you suddenly screwed something up. You always said that life will have ups and downs, but no. You caused this.

You didn't want Bella to stick around someone who was too attached to them. The past week you've been avoiding them, and you've also been drawing their face 24/7. Sure, you had clients, but sometimes you'd draw Bella instead of them.

You were stuck inside your feelings. Something that never happened to you. You were always observant, understanding, and aware. So why did one person have to unintentionally ruin you?

You cried to yourself most nights about the topic. You brought this upon yourself, something you didn't want to realize.

Work was hell. Your always happy mood with the customers turned gloomy. Marcus saw your status change and immediately went to ask Bella, but they just shrugged. They were just as perplexed as him.

"Thank you for the food," the girl said, sitting down at the booth. "You're that artist, right?"

"Mhm," you hummed, coming off as not too interested.

"I love your work. Can I get your number or someti—"

"Someone else needs you, Y/N," Bella interrupts after tapping your shoulder. You turned around, being this close to them since last week. Your cheeks warmed up, slowly but hastily moving out of Bella's way to take the order.

You took the needy buyer's order, placing the food down at their 3 people table. The rest of your work went like that, the same routine until it came to an end. You opened your phone up, clicking the FaceTime app. You pressed on the very first contact.