𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐: we meet again.

YOU SKETCHED in your notebook

YOU SKETCHED in your notebook. Drawing a female. Not anyone in particular, but just a woman. It was December 24th, Christmas Eve. You had a day off, but you still settled to stop by the bakery.

You sat in one of the booths, hand resting on your hand whilst the other was occupied with the pen and paper.

A ding came from the door opening. You didn't mind it, as you heard the frequent noise every day. You continued to be amused in your paper book, being in your own little world.

"Y/N, I need you," you heard Marcus shout over to you. Your head questioningly went up, humming a 'hm?' to see what your coworker wanted.

Your eyes landed on the brunette standing across from Marcus, the counter being the barrier between the two. Their face looked quite familiar, it not clicking to you yet. You swiftly stood up from the booth, going up to the two.

Your eyes couldn't help but gaze at the person again, and you didn't want to seem like a creep, but those were the vibes you were signaling the stranger. They brought up their slitted eyebrow, confounded at your manner.

Marcus took aware of the little connection between you and the stranger, clearing his throat to get the attention of both of you.

"This is Isabella, Y/N," Marcus introduces. You crossed your arms, raising your eyebrows impatiently trying to figure out what was the reason for this meeting.

"Bella," Bella shortly corrected. Marcus rolled his eyes, showing he didn't care. He wasn't always the friendliest to new people, which was a thing you liked about him.

And it abruptly hit you. It was the stranger from almost a week ago, spilling the beverage on your favorite, newest blouse. You weren't the type to hold grudges, but you spent a lot of money on that shirt.

"Yeah, whatever," he mumbles. "Anyway, this is Y/N," he says introducing you. You gave a fraud-accepting smile. You could tell Bella didn't recognize you, which ticked you off a little.

"They're employed here now." You took note of the use of pronouns. "Starting Tuesday." The day right after Christmas, wow. You just hoped they weren't going to spill the coffee on customers, spooking them away.

As much as you were pretty dissatisfied with them, you took a liking to their face. They would be perfect for your portraits and paintings.

Bella's hand found its way to you, lingering for the touch of your hand back. You hesitantly shook their hand, setting an unsure smile on your face.

You quickly pull away after one shake, facing back around to walk back to the booth you were previously sitting on. You heard footsteps trail behind you, along with a voice saying, "It seems you have some sort of problem with me." Your ears captured the accent in their voice, probably not detecting it before from how mad you were.

You denyingly shook your head, rejecting the accusation. Bella wasn't convinced, as they were still roaming behind you.

You sat on the squish of a seat, Bella leaning on the table, maintaining eye contact with you, desperate to know what your problem with them was.