𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙬𝙤: sweet ava quill

- ☆ -

- ☆ -

Refreshing as the rush of sharp citrus flavor flooded her mouth. The sweet scarlet morning beverae bursting in a tang like an orange. Complimenting with the savory strips of bacon from a space pig species and a egg from another alienated animal. The yolk bleeding green, reminding Ava of a Dr. Seuss book that her mother read to her and Peter.

A specialty from the Kylosian man's home planet that Ava could have everyday if she could. A dish that was made for his daughter before she went to school or sometimes in bed to surprise her on occasion. Ava sat on the counter while letting the food melt into her mouth. Food on earth seemed like scraps compare to the luxury of eating a meal from Drax.

Drax glanced to see Ava wearing that strange look on her face again as she took another bite. The same one she greeted him with when she first came into the kitchen. Not to different from the stupid expression Poe had a few days ago at the Xandarian park.

Inspecting while trying to put the pieces together, although it seemed obvious to him, Drax let out a sigh as he cleared his throat. "Did you sleep alright last night, little Quill?" He asked as he cracked an egg into the pan for Mantis who sat next to Ava at the counter.

Blinking out of her trance, Ava looked at Mantis before responding to Drax. "Oh, uh. Yes." She smiled while taking a sip of juice, addicted to the tang at this point.

"That's good." He replied with a smile as he turned around and gave Mantis her spread. "You've been working hard the past few days. You deserved to have a goodnight sleep."

Ava set the cup down in a gulp, gasping for air as she finished her drink. "Trust me it was probably the best sleep I've had in a while." She informed with a grin. Recalling the previous night and feeling like she was on drugs since. Like she was high up in the atmosphere and couldn't come back down no matter how hard she tried.

Stuck in her thoughts, a gentle hand touched her forearm resting on the counter. "Oh no wonder you slept well!" Mantis giggled, exchanging a wink with Drax who gave her a plate of his breakfast. The look that only meant chaos would follow.

Ava pulled her arm away bashfully and putting a finger up. "Mantis! Shh!" She protested with her skin of her cheeks about to explode in heat.

Yet Mantis was never one to shut up even when asked.

"Ava and-"

"What about my sister?"

The voice got Mantis to zip her mouth in an instant with wide eyes that matched mine. Both of us finding our brother, coming from the couch were Gamora convinced him to sleep on. Now walking up to the kitchen with a yawn as his came to the counter, placing his elbows on top with his head resting on his palm.

Peter raised his eyebrow in suspension from the awkward and immediate silence.

"What were you talking about?" He frowned, waiting for an explanation.