𝙩𝙚𝙣: 𝙘𝙞𝙩𝙮 𝙜𝙪𝙞𝙙𝙚

-☆-

-☆-

     The sounds of store owners offering special deals and the smell of Xandarian food markets made Ava's heart swoon. She may have grown up in Missouri, but she favored the city and window shopping. Seeing the variety of people walking around New York when she became a S.H.I.E.L.D agent. Except when aliens and other threats are trying to ruin the aesthetic every once in a while.

That was until her first visit at Xandar and nothing could compare. The atmosphere was magical and so alive that gave Ava energy like no other city in the universe.

After looking at a virtual bookstore- in which Poe lost his attention span in 5 minutes while Ava almost grabbed every book off of the shelf- She dragged him to her favorite store: 

Galactic Sugar Sweets

As they entered, she noticed Poe's intrigued glimpse at the display case filled with goodies that he had never seen before. It was like he was a little child at a candy store when his eyes widened with a hint of uncertainty.

"What in the kriff is all that!?" Poe asked pointing at rock-shaped treats.

Ava had to restrain herself from laughing at the unusual curse word. He sent her a glare, and she bit her lip, knowing she was caught. She nudged his arm with her elbow with a small giggle escaping her mouth.

"If I answer it won't be as fun."

She tapped the holographic service button at the front, while Poe grimaced at the strange treats.

A Xandarian teenage girl walked up with her head down. She looked human, except her skin was pink. She had brown hair tied back into four ponytails.

"Welcome to Galactic-" The girl finally looked up and made eye contact with Ava and let out a giant gasp.

"Ava!"

The girl dashed around the counter and squeezed her arms around her. "I heard you guys were in town!"

"It's been way too long munchkin." Ava smiled as she rested one of her hands on her head with the other on her back.

The younger girl pulled out and noticed a new face. She looked up and down at the handsome man as her big purple eyes grew suspicious.

"Ava, you didn't tell me you got a boyfriend." She said with a sly smile while wiggling her eyebrows at Ava.

The two shared a panic expression but turned away quickly to cover the blush creeping on their cheeks. Ava crossed her arms and stared anywhere but at Poe. The guy also avoided eye contact as he scratched the back of his head while keeping his eyes on the tiled floor.

Ava didn't know what to say. His physical appearance wasn't a problem, it was the fact that she didn't know anything else about him. She had to constantly remind herself that she can't just fall in love with a hot guy she only met 48 hours ago. This wasn't a Disney movie where she would be married to a stranger within a week.