Salazar's True Heir

"Rigel" -talking

'Dumbfuck' -thinking

"Enough" -familiars speaking/beast speak/gobbledygook

'Interesting' -familiars/magical creature/goblin thinking

§open§ -Parseltongue

"Hello" - speaking a different language

Hello -writing/messages/news

'Salazar'- will being read/memories being seen/visions

Chapter 3: Salazar's True Heir

===========================================================================

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤Start Chapter¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Third pov:

Harry had caught the sorting hat in his hands. Just after catching the sorting hat, Tom started mocking Harry for his loyalties and the trust Dumbledore has in him that he sent a mere hat to save him. Tom becomes shocked as the Phoenix pierced the eyes of the Basilisk making it lose its sense of vision and making it depend on its other senses. Though its other senses are not as accurate as its eyes. It was clear to Harry that the Basilisk's other senses were pretty good as well since Harry barely miss being hit by it when Tom had ordered the Basilisk to kill him right now. After dodging the attack Harry started to run again to get the distance between him and the basilisk. As he runs the Baslisk tries to chase after and attack him but it is stopped again by Fawkes. Harry fires some spells running and dodging as he fights the Basilisk alongside the Pheonix. While this is going on the sorting hat which is still in Harry's left-hand starts speaking amidst all the chaos as if they were on a peaceful picnic or a simple stroll through the park.

Hat-" I told you that Slytherin is the best choice for you and where you grow to greatness, Mr. Potter. But you vehemently asked for any other house but Slytherin. I put you in Gryffindor in hopes you befriend Mr.Longbottom which you eventually finally did though it took Mr.Weasley's betrayal to bring you two together. Today you find yourself in a life-or-death situation because of those around you. If you had been in Slytherin, you would have been with people who are like you, Mr.Potter. People who are ambitious, cunning, and intelligent. Though I will admit that the Weasley twins, Ms.Granger, and Mr.Longbottom are a great choice of friends. Though it took you a long time to gain a friendship with them and tell them everything better late than never by the way. Also before you say you didn't tell Ms.Granger everything Mr.Potter you actually have even though she is petrified she has heard everything you told her and before you ask how do I know, it is because am the sorting hat. Now back to what I was saying your choice to befriend and trust the Weasley twins, Mr.Longbottom, and Ms.Granger was a good choice. Had they not been in Gryffindor they all be in different houses. The twins would have been in Slytherin, Ms.Granger in Ravenclaw. and Mr.Longbottom would have been in  Hufflepuff. However, I didn't suggest you be in Slytherin just because of your ambition, intelligence, and eminence cunning though that is part of the reason, it is just not the main reason. There are 2 main reasons I suggest you go to Slytherin the 1st being it was a sure way to ensure you would not be under Dumbledor's control and 2nd reason is you are the last blood relative of Salazar Slytherin himself,mr.Potter. Before his death, Salazar himself asked me to sort any of his family members to his house where they will be safe. He also explained some of the traits that will give me some clues to identify them. One such clue is green eyes the second is females being named after flowers'

The sorting hat paused to give Harry time to process the information. Harry couldn't believe it he was related to Salazar Slytherin. Harry dodges another attack from the basilisk and fires another spell at it and Fawkes attacks it again then he dodges attacks from both Tom and the basilisk. At this moment the hat decides to talk again.

Hat-"Your mother, Lillian 'Lily' Iris Evans not only had both but like you, she too was a parselmouth. When I sorted her, she didn't listen to my advice either and just asked me to sort her into the best house. Well due to the circumstances at the time, I sorted her into Gryffindor. Which is not the path I thought she take. Though she made a very good argument on why it was best not to be in Slytherin after all Voldemort was rising more into power. Though because of her argument alone, I would have put her in Ravenclaw but again she had taken a  path I didn't think she take. She was just as cunning and ambitious as she was intelligent all while still believing she was a muggle-born. You remind me so much of both of them but you got a bit of both parents in you. Though believed to be muggle-born she wanted to be at the top of her classes and make changes in the magical world. She had the ambition, the cunning, and the intelligence to not only achieve being the best in her class but had she lived she would have completed all her goals. You already learned both Occlumency and Legilimency remember to master it and don't look Snape or Dumbledore directly in the eyes until you do. Now Mr.Potter I will give you the same advice I gave her do not trust Dumbledore and go to Gringotts to get an inheritance test. Your mother had the true qualities of a Slytherin even though she was in Gryffindor I watch her spend school days doing many great things she was friends with people from each house even Slytherin same with your father and some of his friends. When I sorted you I saw you were just as ambitious, intelligent, and cunning as your mother in fact you were far above her in cunning and ambition. But you wanted to be in Gryffindor and I couldn't just ignore your opinion and then do with you as I wish. You and I both know what you suffered the last 2 years because you held yourself back and played the role everyone wanted. As I said you made a good choice with befriending the twins, Mr.Longbottom, and Ms.Granger as they could have been in other houses as well. There is so much more I would want to discuss but I don't want to overwhelm you with more information, Mr.Potter as it is not time nor place to tell you everything as there is much more but you will learn in time. For now, I will give you memories that I wish for you to watch and remember after all this. Now take the sword of  Gryffindor that  Godric himself wanted me to give to his heir. Take the sword and put the hat on I will give you the memories."

When the sorting hat finished Harry hid behind a statue putting the hat on his head. The hat puts the memories into Harry's subconscious part of his mind so he can draw from them later. 

Hat-"Now Mr.Potter take the sword of Gryffindor from me."

When the sorting hat finished Harry removed it from his head seeing a silver handle come out of the hat. Harry dodges another attack from the basilisk by doing a tuck and rolls to his right. As he rolls he ends up dropping his wand. Rolling a few feet to his right he comes to a stop in a kneeling position unsheathing the sword from the hat. The sword was made of pure silver and its hilt is set with egg-sized rubies. The gemstone that is used to symbolize the house of Gryffindor at Hogwarts. The full name Godric Gryffindor is also engraved just beneath the hilt. Harry felt a rush of magic from the sword as he catches it in his hands. At this time the hat spoke again.

Hat-"The sword recognizes you as its true owner and Gryffindor's true heir. Let me be the first to officially say Welcome home, Lord Slytherin/Lord Gryffindor."