CHAPTER 1- THE FIRST MURDER

The day is always enthusiastic to the people of Brightbury, as they let their inner spirit of confidence on jogging. It's 21st May, a normal morning walk for Eddie as usual with his close friend aka dog, called Markus. They were out for a morning walk near the paved road which takes to two routes, one is towards the woods which has a dark secret and another is to visit the magnificent waterfall named St.Louie.

                He was not aware that what he was going to witness will destroy the record of happiness of the town and no one can expect it as he witnesses a body of a child strangled to death, and it was a perfect art of crime as the body has been dismantled everywhere. Witnessing the event of a crime, was unexpected to Eddie and he calls Sheriff. There we go, the first murder in the town which was ranked as the safest town in the UK last week, and now I guess it's just a disaster to them.

                   A whole team of police was deployed near the crime scene and Sheriff John Lawson, an ordinary person whose secrets are hidden in the tombstones on the outskirts of town arrives magnificently with a cigar in his hand.

                Assistant Deputy Maria Ramirez was an enigmatic figure in the sheriff's office, quietly operating under the radar with an air of mystery that left many curious about her past. In her mid-30s, Maria possessed an unwavering determination and a keen intellect that matched her commanding presence. With a sharp mind and an eye for detail, Maria's role as the sheriff's assistant went beyond mere administrative tasks. She was the backbone of the operation, meticulously organizing and managing the sheriff's affairs, ensuring that his dark secrets remained buried deep within the shadows.

                    Maria had a complicated history, shrouded in whispers and speculation. Rumors suggested that she had once been an undercover agent, skilled in the art of deception and gathering intelligence. Her past experiences had honed her instincts, making her an invaluable asset to the sheriff. Her loyalty to the sheriff was unwavering, and she had a deep understanding of his motivations and objectives. Maria was a trusted confidante, privy to the inner workings of his illicit empire. She possessed an uncanny ability to anticipate his needs, discreetly manipulating situations to his advantage.

                 Despite her reserved nature, Maria's presence commanded respect. Her calm demeanor and exceptional problem-solving skills made her an integral part of the sheriff's dark operation. She kept her secrets close to her chest, a master of hiding her true intentions beneath a professional facade. In the town of Brightbury, Maria Ramirez remained an enigma—a figure whose past remained obscured, yet whose loyalty to the sheriff and ability to maneuver through the shadows was undeniable.

                   Sheriff said, "Maria, pull an autopsy report of this freak on my table tonight and call their parents. It's time to invoke Plan B and notify Mayor Edward and I don't want any media to uncover the fact of murder" She smiled, "Duly noted, Sheriff. By the way, what about our witness Eddie?" He laughs maniacally, "You know what to do!" She tells her colleagues to exit the crime scene, called Dr. Elizabeth Anderson who's her best friend for life or should I say, her fiancée.

                 Dr. Elizabeth Anderson was a highly skilled and renowned forensic pathologist, entrusted with the responsibility of conducting autopsies for the sheriff's office. With her sharp intellect and unwavering dedication to her profession, she became the go-to doctor for unraveling the mysteries concealed within the lifeless bodies that crossed her examination table.

                    Dr. Anderson possessed a commanding presence and a discerning eye for detail. Her expertise extended beyond the realm of medical science; she had an innate ability to extract information from the silent testimonies left by the deceased. With each autopsy, she embarked on a meticulous journey, meticulously documenting her findings to bring justice to the victims and closure to their families. Her calm demeanor and unwavering professionalism instilled confidence in the sheriff and his team. Dr.Anderson understood the importance of her role in the pursuit of justice, and she carried out her duties with precision and integrity. Her dedication went beyond the confines of her office walls; she made herself available at all hours, ready to assist the sheriff with her expert insights and testimony in court.