chapter 13: christmas

About a month went by, and Christmas was soon coming up. An evening in December Eve sat in her bed in the dormitory, and Sarah came in the room. She sighed, then silently walked over to her own bed and sat down.
"I talked to my brother today." Eve blurted out.

Suddenly the door opened and Cherry walked in, followed by Amanda and Beth.
"Could you guys give us a minute?" Eve quickly said, and so the three girls excused themselves and left again.
"I talked to my brother today." Eve began saying again.

Sarah nodded, to make it clear that she was listening, even if she wasn't making eye contact with Eve.
"How come you didn't tell me you broke up?" Eve then asked.
"You were so mad, I didn't think you would care." Sarah responded.

"How are you?" Eve asked and walked over to Sarah. Tears started flooding from Sarah's eyes and she shook her head.
"Horrible." Sarah cried. "And i'm sorry for being an awful friend to you."
"Sarah i'm sorry for being such an awful friend." Eve replied and Sarah looked up at her in surprise.

"And I'm sorry for making you feel like you could not trust me." Eve then added. The tears kept flowing down Sarah's eyes and Eve sat down and wrapped her best friend in a hug.
"I'm sorry for lying to you for so so long, it was horrible and I want to say something so many times, I'm sorry for ruining our friendship, I'm sorry, I'm so so sor-"

"Honey, I know your sorry, and it's alright now. There is nothing that can ruin our friendship, even if I tend to get really pissed." Eve said, which made Sarah chuckle.
"And also... I talked to my brother today." Eve repeated.
"You said that." Sarah was quick to reply

"He feels horrible too. He loves you. And I didn't know... I didn't know... Wait, do you know?" Eve continued. Sarah nodded.
"I love him too." she responded. "A lot."
"I didn't know things were that serious between the two of you." Eve explained. "So after talking ti him today, I want you to know I'm sorry if I made you feel like you couldn't be with him.

I didn't intend to hurt either of you. I guess I just felt left out, for not being told. But Sarah you're my favourite person in the whole world and you deserve to be happy, and if my brother is who makes you happy then I'm okay with that."
"Eve, you... I just..." Sarah began but didn't know what to say.

"Eve, I love you is enough." Eve chuckled.
"Eve, I love you." Sarah smiled. "More than him."
"Clearly." Eve laughed and they hugged again.
"I need to speak to him! Like, right away." Sarah realised and instantly got up and started putting her shoes on.
"Wait Sarah, he went away again." Eve explained.
"What?!"

"Yeah.. he left tonight, with Dumbledore... But I guess you know - maybe even more than I know - about what he is up to... "
"I don't know about that, but yes I'm aware about the horcruxes... and all that."
"Motherfucking scary." Eve said, and Sarah nodded in agreement.

"But if there is anyone who can do it, it's him. And when he gets back, you better win him back." Eve smiled.
"Have I told you I love you Eve?" Sarah smiled back and once again they hugged.