chapter 3: quidditch

Sarah takes both of Cedric's hands.
"Don't look at me like if I'm gonna break up with you!" she says when their eyes meet.
"Oh thank god." Cedric breaths out. "I went so nervous from the moment you said we needed to talk, god I thought this was it for us." Sarah laughs out loud at him and he forces a smile.

"No silly, I enjoy being with you way too much to end things." she smiles.
"But?" Cedric wonders.
"Yeah. Last night I spoke to Eve and the girls in the dormitory." Sarah begins and tells him all about what they had said yesterday and why she hadn't slept a single minute.

Although when she speaks of the fact that she worries about him after what he had said about Voldemort she makes it sound not as bad. And she doesn't even mention the whole thing about how he had said he loved her yesterday. So they mostly just talk about the conversation she had with his sister and their friends.

"Peters." he simply says when she just has told him what a big mess it all basically was. She nods and looks at him.
"We are in this mess together." he continues and takes her hands. "And as long as it's the two of us we will get through it. And there will come a day when the right time is here and we can tell Eve without her freaking out too much"

"Together." Sarah smiles.
"And remember that i prioritise your feelings so if you don't want this to be a secret to her anymore we can tell her right away."
"I don't want that, no... She'll... no... let's just wait, for everyone's sake."
"Alright, let's go get some breakfast." Cedric says and kisses her forehead.

They hurry to the great hall to get there before it's way too crowded. Since it's a Sunday morning they won't have too much to worry about and once they get there there's only a few students sitting by the Gryffindor, Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff table and at the Slytherin table there is only one student, Draco Malfoy. But it looks like if Draco has fallen asleep right there.

Cedric and Sarah sits down next to each other at the end of the Slytherin table. She fills up a big cup of coffee while Cedric takes a glass of orange juice. They eat and talk about the new defence against the dark arts teacher, Professor Dolores Umbridge.

She's dreadful. Nobody likes her except some of the Slytherin students, but Sarah is not one of them.
"So what are you doing today?" Sarah asks Cedric when they've finished eating.

"I would like to hit the pitch and play some quidditch for the upcoming match, we were supposed to practice with the team today but everyone weren't feeling very well so it got cancelled. And then... well I guess I'm gonna try to see if I can talk to Professor Dumbledore again." he explains.

"Ah, is there anything I can do?" she wonders but he shakes his head.
"I'll tell you afterwards how it goes though. And if you're not gonna hang out with your friends you could always join me and play quidditch together?"
"Yeah, I'd like that." Sarah smiles. They sit there and talk for a little longer til more students starts to arrive.

They decide to ask Malfoy if he wants to come along too and Sarah goes to wake him.
"Psst... Malfoy!" she yells, standing very close to him. Draco shoots up from the bench in shock and turns to face Sarah.
"What do you want now?" he mutters.
"I'm heading back to the quidditch pitch." she starts.
"With Diggory?" he quest.

"Uh yeah."
"Goodbye Peters."
"You're such a loser Malfoy. C'mon."
"You want me there?"
"Why else would I be asking? But alright Malfoy, bye then." Sarah sighs and starts walking away together with Cedric.

"Wait, I'm coming!" Draco shouts, catching up with them when they've already walked out of the great hall.
"Ugh so I'm spending the day with a Hufflepuff now?" he says with a gross look. Sarah laughs at him and takes Cedric's hand.
"You own choice loser, your own choice." she responds and Cedric responds with a chuckle.