10

Y/N sat on the side of the front gate. It had been a while since she waited for someone like this.

She glanced at her phone. Kaibara should have been here by now.

At least, she hoped that it was him.

Not some weirdo intercepting their letters.

"Hey."

Her thoughts were interrupted by someone's voice.

Y/N's eyes met with jet-black ones. They shined in the spring sunlight, like radiant gemstones.
His dark brown hair swayed with the tranquil breeze.

This must be him.

He held out his hand for her.
"Let's go somewhere better."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"This is...the cherry blossom tree I sit under during lunchtime, right?"

The closer they got, the more Y/N realized how beautiful it really was. She never noticed before, she was always rushing to finish her lunch.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" She swore she saw Kaibara's ears turn a deep crimson.

"Y/N..." He turned around to look at her, putting his hands in his uniforms pockets. "We've been friends for a while now."

Friends? He really thinks of us as friends? Y/N felt relieved. But why do I feel disappointed?

"I've liked you since first year. Please go out with me!"

"..." Y/N's eyes widened in shock. She thought she was hearing things.

"Like a date?"

"Yes!"

"Then I will!"

"Really?" Kaibara almost fainted out of happiness.

"Really." Y/N smiled.