Epilogue

A few months later

"How did you end up liking me, anyway?" Y/N sat down next to Kaibara under the Sakura tree. "There are tons of other girls you could have fallen in love with."

"Are you sure you want to know? It's a pretty cheesy reason."

"That just means it was a good one."

"Fine."

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

Flashback

I remember when I first saw you.

I was walking by the tree during lunchtime. You were reading a book, petals in your hair, you didn't pay any attention to anything around you. You looked so...calm, and happy.

Something that I never really had the time to feel.

Every day, there would be girls looking for me during break time, so I hid in one of the classrooms with my friends during lunch.

It always stressed me out.

But when I saw you, I felt like I didn't need to worry anymore. I didn't feel jealous or angry. Seeing you made me happy.

So I passed by every day to feel that way again.

You never noticed, always busy reading a book or eating your lunch. But my friends definitely did.

"You're always looking at Y/N when we eat lunch up here."

"You're always smiling when we pass my that cherry blossom tree."

"You always make excuses for us to go over there."

"You like her, don't you." Kendo broke me out of my trance. "Y/N, right? How long has it been?"

I blushed when I realized everyone knew. "How did you know?"

"You just confirmed it."

"Oh."

And so, Operation Get Y/N To Notice Kaibara Started. Everyone joined in the come up with ideas.

"Just walk up to her and say something!"

"Throw a rock at her!"

"You should do what you like best."

"Throw paper airplanes with notes to her!" Tsunotori joined in on the suggestions.

"That's oddly specific."

"Not bad."

"Where did you get the idea from?"

"Anime!"

"Or course you did."

For months, I threw airplanes out the window, always ending up somewhere else. There was a rumor that someone from the staff was doing it so everyone got hyped up during Valentine's Day so that the teachers could get more chocolate.

But one day, it finally got to you, and that's when everything started.

End of flashback

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The story ended, and they sat there in comfortable silence.

"I didn't know that there was an actual good reason for you to like me." Y/N broke the quietness.

"What do you mean?"

"I thought it was going to be something like 'because you look pretty'."

"Why would that be the reason? But you do look very beautiful."

"Because that's what one of my exes said to me in middle school."

"He must have been a bad boyfriend."

"He was."

"I'll be better than him, then."

"Promise?" Y/N stuck out her pinky finger for him.

"You're so childish. Promise." They interlocked them.