Chapter 6

He looks around as a figure steps out of the woods. As the figure comes into the moonlight I recognizes her, Blaire.

She smiles shyly and walks up to us, "Oh hello! I didn't know someone else used this part of the woods for runs".

Kylo nods his furry head cautiously, clearly not knowing who she is.

I mind link him quickly, "That's Blaire, remember I told you about the girl who's a late shifter and got rejected by the old Beta?".

He huffs out slowly as realization hits him. He trots up to her happily and rubs his head against her arm. She giggles and rubs his head gently to which he growls playfully.

I mind link her, "My names Andrew and my wolf's name is Kylo. You're Blaire right?".

Blaire's POV:

At first it surprised me that he knows my name but then it hit me so I spoke , "Oh yeah, of course everyone knows about the girl without a wolf".

I chuckle sadly as I remember just how much of a joke my life is. I sit on the ground in the middle of the clearing as my gaze shifts up to the sky. Kylo trots over to me, plopping down next to me as he too, looks up at the stars.

After a few moments of silence I quietly speak up, "Have you ever had a secret that you couldn't tell anyone but as each day goes by, you feel as if it's causing you to fade away slowly?".

The past month I've been well, I guess you can say depressed. I've been trying my hardest to keep it a secret that I have my wolf and I'm the Alpha's mate. Since my parents know about my wolf and I don't talk to anyone else, that secret hasn't been a problem. Trying to fight the mate bond and keep it a secret while being around my parents every day, it's draining. I turn to Kylo and see him looking at me with sad eyes. I give him a little half smile to try ensuring him that it's okay.

"You could tell me, I have no one to tell even if I wanted to. It's just me and my wife, I don't even have many friends", Andrew tries convincing me through the mind link.

I look at him cautiously. I don't know this guy, he could be anyone. Though yet again it's also a good thing that I don't know him because all he knows about me is my name. He doesn't even know that I have a wolf.

"You'd have to promise not to say anything to anyone about it, it's important", I look at him sternly.

"I promise. Your secret is my secret", he states seriously.

I nod before nervously speaking, "Alpha Valen is my second chance mate. It's complicated but I know it's him and he doesn't know it's me. He can't find out though".

He stands there in shock for a few moments before speaking through the mind link, "That's amazing though! You need to tell him so you can be our Luna instead of that bitch Jessica".

"No, you don't understand. He doesn't want me, he wants her. He'd reject me just like his Beta did", I sadly say.

He looks at me sadly before speaking up, "What will you do when he finds out? Request to switch packs or try to continue your life here?".

I lay back on the ground slowly as I observe the stars above me.

"I've put a lot of thought into it in the past month. No matter what pack I'm in, I'll always just be seen as an Alpha's rejected mate. I'll more than likely be harmed, possibly killed just for being myself. I've decided I'll ask him to make me a rogue so I don't have to live a pack life anymore. I'll be in danger either way, if I stay or if I go. I mise well just go and start a new life as a rogue", I say as I shrug.

I look over at Kylo as he growls lowly, clearly pissed off.

"That's not right. Jessica is just using him, we all know that. You shouldn't have to leave just because he's too blind to see that you're better for him", Andrew growls out through the mind link.