Chapter 4

"Lilith are you crazy? He's the Alpha for crying out loud!", I scold her through the mind link.

His footsteps trail behind us, luckily not very close since we got a head start and are fairly fast.

"He doesn't know who we are and as far as he knows, you have no wolf anyways", she quickly says through the mind link.

I stay quiet, knowing she's right. As long as we can get away from him, there's no way for him to know who we are. We can't get in trouble if he doesn't know who broke the rules.

I suddenly hear his voice through the mate mind link, "Stop running now!".

Lilith puts up a mental wall so he's not able to reach us. After a few minutes of running, his footsteps get quiet and I know we've lost him. Lilith stops and gives me back full control, clearly worn out. I run to the tree line and grab the backpack I had hid there previously. I unshift and put on my outfit I had stored there before walking into the house. My mom looks up at me and smiles as I walk up to her.

"Where's dad?", I ask while sitting down on the couch.

She comes over and sits on the couch across from me before plopping her feet up on the coffee table.

"He's just in the bathroom dear, why?", She says while leaning back relaxing in her seat.

I scratch the back of my head nervously, am I really ready for this? They'll find out eventually and it would be best to hear it from me.

"I need to talk to you guys about something", I quietly say as she immediately cocks her head to look at me. 

"Is everything okay?", She looks at me worryingly.

"Yeah I just need dad to be here so I can tell you both", I sigh and try to relax.

She nods slowly as we wait for my dad to come out. After a few minutes, he walks into the room and looks between me and my mother in confusion. He nervously walks over and sits next to my mom.

"Why does it look like we're about to have a family meeting here?", He jokingly says.

"That would be because we are", I reply awkwardly.

His smile fades away as he processes my words. He motions for me to continue so I take a deep breath to prepare myself.

"So you know how my wolf didn't come when it was supposed to?", I ask them to which they nod slowly.

"Well I got my wolf", I say as they both gasp.

"Oh my gosh honey that's amazing! The Alpha is going to be thrilled!", She happily states.

I immediately yell, "No!".

They look at me confused so I quickly continue, "Sorry but no one else can know. I'm not like everyone else. My coat is unique, I'll be hunted down or used for display".

They hold hands tightly as they look at me shocked, "I-I'm sure it isn't that bad dear".

I put up my hand and quickly get off the couch, "Stay here".

They nod so I walk into the bathroom and undress before shifting.

I use my head to push one the door as I trot back to the living room. Once my parents see me, their jaws drop. I walk up to them as I rub my head against their knees. They reach down and pet me while admiring my coat.

I mind link to Lilith, "Talk to them so they know about that too".

She opens a mind link between the four of us so I can hear too, "My name is Lilith but Blaire has control currently. I can mind link for her and she can have control over our wolf form. You can see now why no one can know about this".