Chapter 3: Magical PTSD

Magnus: Here is the last chapter of this year... can you believe I forgot to post this when I updated my other story?

Disclaimer: Thanks for reading this far, but, do you all realize that this is just an experimental story, right?

Edit: This chapter was Beta'ed by Vandenbz

Chapter 3

Magical PTSD

Izuku stared at the self-proclaimed goddess, his eyes denoting how incredulous he was, how he didn't want to believe what she did, and how much he was doubting her capabilities. When they decided to post a request for party members, Aqua demanded to be allowed to write it, calling on her superior knowledge about the world. However, this decision proved to be a truly bad idea…

"Really? Advanced job classes only?" Izuku asked in obvious concern, for her requirements were beyond stupid.

"H-hey! I have the most powerful advanced class, and I don't want to be surrounded by weaklings! Besides, don't we need strong party members to take on the Devil King?" Aqua tried to defend her reasoning, losing strength under the heavily inquisitive stare of the green-haired Druid.

"First of all, there is no such thing as a most powerful class, otherwise I would take you directly to the Devil King so you can do all the work. Second, we aren't even level five; what kind of powerful warrior would you want to join our party if we can't even offer proper cooperation?" Izuku began to counter the argument presented by the former goddess, not even bothering to be cordial to her out of desperation.

"I… well… I'm an Arch Priestess! Anyone would kill to have me in their party!" Aqua tried once more, just to falter at the deadpan look that Izuku was throwing at her.

"You posted the request early in the morning, and now it's almost noon… I don't see anyone approaching us to join our party, or to ask you to join someone else's." Izuku replied, and then ate one of his berries, as if to make it obvious that he couldn't take her seriously anymore.

As Izuku and Aqua were still discussing the contents of the request, someone began to approach their table. She was a girl short in height, dressed in a short vibrant red dress that looked more like a tunic long enough to double as a skirt, black soft leather boots and a pointy hat with a wide brim… a witch hat if you will, over her shoulders, a black cape with yellow trim flowed, giving her an air of mystery and importance. Only one red eye was visible on her face as the other was covered by an eyepatch with a cross symbol adorning it.

"I happened to notice your recruitment poster." The voice of a young girl caught the attention of the pair, making them turn to look at what seemed to be a magic caster.

"That we would meet is a fate chosen by the world itself. I have anxiously awaited the arrival of those such as yourselves." The girl with the eyepatch said, starting like a serious adventurer, but losing all credibility when Izuku noticed her posing… he was sure that the eye pose belonged to an anime, but he couldn't remember which one. The girl suddenly did an overdramatic cape flip, changing her pose to look either imposing or sexy, but only earning a cute score in Izuku's eyes as he had to admit that posing was somewhat important for heroes.

"My name is Megumin! My calling is that of an Arch Wizard, one who controls Explosion magic, the strongest of all offensive magic!" Megumin presented herself as dramatically as possible, posing the entire time like a hero after a successful operation. Izuku would have loved the sight due to nostalgia, but the emphasis on the word 'Explosion' had him feeling shivers down his spine.