Before

【part five】

part five

━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Your aim absolutely sucks. Just hit the damn balloon!" Y/N yelled.

"I'm trying, Y/N! This is much harder than it looks," Jun threw another dart at the board. It barely missed one of the higher valued balloons. "Okay—that hit the balloon! This game is cheating," he huffed.

"Yes, 'cause the wind resistance is against you today," Y/N retorted. "Just give me—" She took a dart out of Jun's hand and lined her hand up with the balloon she wanted to hit.

With her right hand out in front of her and her left arm pulled back, Y/N threw the dart. It hit the board and the desired balloon with a loud pop.

"Yes!" She turned to Jun, resting her hands on her hips. "See, I told you. You just suck at this."

"Lucky shot. You still need one more gold balloon to get that prize you want and I bet you can't do it again," he sassed back.

"Challenge accepted." Y/N grabbed another dart, lined herself up with the final gold balloon, and threw. A satisfying pop rang through the booth. Music to her ears. "Hah! I did it again."

Jun rolled his eyes, smiling at her competitive attitude.

"Congratulations miss, you can get any prize from this wall. Which would you like?" The booth runner gestured to the wall that contained the prize she was gunning for.

Her eyes immediately locked with the vintage violin necklace hanging from the display. It was worn down slightly on the gold metal, but other than that it was in perfect condition. It had a simple golden chain and the pendant itself had a gold backing with the image of a rosewood violin laying on sheet music overtop. It was nothing dazzling, but it was something she desperately wanted. She could wear it with anything.

"I'll take the necklace please," Y/N pointed to the prize. The booth runner plucked it off the wall, placed it in a small box, and handed it over the counter. The girl grinned with much pleasure, "Thank you!"

The worker bid her farewell and she walked off with Jun beside her. Y/N opened the small box, observing her new accessory.

"What made you want that necklace?" She heard Jun ask. She could see, from the corner of her eye, Jun was looking over her shoulder to see the necklace.

"Well, you know how much I love my violin. This was the only thing that stuck out to me from all the prizes," the girl shrugged.

"Understandable. Well, just remember that I got most of those points for you. So, technically I won that for you," Jun nudged Y/N's arm, smiling.

"Think whatever you want, but I still got those big points." The two laughed at their banter.

"I think it's only fair if you won something for me, Y/N. Then we can each have something special."