14

"I'm sorry to hear about your broomstick, is there no chance of fixing it?", Remus asked Harry as the two professors strolled with the young boy through the forest

"I'm sorry to hear about your broomstick, is there no chance of fixing it?", Remus asked Harry as the two professors strolled with the young boy through the forest. "No.", Harry replied. Athena got help from Remus to climb over the roots, her arm resting on his shoulder behind his neck while his hand was placed on her waist. "Professor, why do the dementors affect me so? I mean, more than anyone else?" "Listen. Dementors are the foulest creatures to walk this earth. They feed on every good feeling, every happy memory... until a person is left with absolutely nothing but his worst experiences.  You are not weak, Harry. The Dementors affect you most because there are true horrors in your past. Horrors your classmates can scarcely imagine. You have nothing to be ashamed of.", Remus told him, stepping some steps further while the dark haired boy stood behind the two, listening to his words. Lupin and Jackson were both wearing thick clothes to keep themselves warm and wearing each other's scarves. "I'm scared, professor." "I'd consider you a fool if you weren't." They kept on walking, it being hard for the two to take large steps. Not only because the full moon isn't even three days ago, but also because of the broken leg of Athena. He tried to keep her in bed to rest, but she wouldn't listen like he didn't and came to the Quidditch match. "I need to know how to fight them. You could teach me. You made the one on the train go away." "There was only one that night." He turned to the student, but quickly regretted this because of letting the woman go for a second. "But you made it go away." "I don't pretend to be an expert, Harry. But as the dementors seem to have developed an interest in you...  perhaps I should teach you. But after the holidays. For now, professor Jackson and I need to rest."

~~~

"What's this rubbish he says. That there, is the  secret to our success." Athena heard a voice coming from the end of the corridor, directly identifying it as one of the Weasley twins. "It's a wrench giving it to you-" "But we've decided your needs are greater than ours. George, if you will." The professor followed the voices, finding the three children in the side stairway of the Clock Tower, but deciding to listen. "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good." "Messrs. Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs..." Harry's voice now joined in, only causing more interest in her. "... are proud to present the Marauder's Map." "We owe them so much." The sound of paper. The Map. "Hang on. This is Hogwarts. And that- No. Is that really-?" "Dumbledore." "In his study." "Pacing. Does that a lot."

"So this map shows-" "Everyone." "Everyone?" "Everyone." "Where they are." "What they do." "Every minute." "And every day." "Brillant! Where did you get it?" They explained they got it from Filch's office and that there are seven secret passageways out of the castle. "We'd recommend this one." "The One-Eyed Witch passageway." "It will lead you straight to Honeyduke's." "You best hurry. Filch is heading this way." "Oh, and Harry, don't forget. When you're done, just give it a tap and say: Mischief managed. Otherwise, anyone can read it." The twins spoke at the same time, something that would often happen. Athena had to admit these two were one of her favourite students. 

~~~

"Well hello, Harry." Athena spoke, causing the young boy to duck away, his cloak of invisibility falling off. "Oh- P-professor Jackson." An amused smile formed on her face before she helped him up, looking down at the loot in his pockets. "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. And please call me Athena. Now, go. I'm sure Filch is coming this way now." His lips formed into a smile before he quickly disappeared under his cloak, noting in the back of his mind that she was now his favourite teacher.

~~~

In Harry's first lesson Athena sat on the upper level, grading tests on the desk while Remus taught him how to cast a Patronus Charm, wearing his familiar grey cardigan once again. After he passed out once, he tried again.

A bright light blinded her, causing the ginger to sit up and look down at the boy, out of whose wand now came the spell, shielding the dementor back into the chest, that Remus closed as soon it was inside. The male professor laughed while the other one clapped, proud of Harry. "Well done, Harry. Well done!" He spoke, still laying half on the large chest. The boy looked up at the woman, only now noticing she was there. Remus stood up and directed the boy to sit down and sat down next to him himself after giving him a piece of chocolate. He looked behind him, to see his girlfriend now walking again to the desk. "I was thinking of him. And Mum. Seeing their faces. They were talking to me. Just talking. That's the memory I chose. I don't even know if it's real. But it's the best I have." Harry spoke while Remus just sat with him on the stair, listening. 

He was a good listener.