❥ FOUR

C H A P T E R   F O U R

Sinclair made sure she didn't run away, his strong arm was wrapped around her waist as he talked to normal rich people with a smile. A smile that may seem genuine to others, but she knew that his smile was fake. Christal is all too familiar with putting on a false smile.

"Oh Sinclair, what was the first thing you noticed about Christal here," one of the women who were clinging up to Martin, asked nonchalantly, causing the normal rich people to laugh at the question but looked at Sinclair for him to answer. "I just want to know how this hot couple became to be. You both seem so in love all over the gossip networks."

Christal didnt know if she could hold her smile for so long. They were asking about things that she and Sin knew never happened. This was all fake. Everything he's doing right now is fake.

"First time we met," he spoke holding the glass in his free hand, smiling at the girl that asked. " was in a long hallway, big enough for five people to walk side by side down. But somehow, we still bumped into each other head-on."

"Love at first sight!?" The woman exclaims, laughing softly before listening to Sin more.

Martin just left all of them there, the girls he had under his arms were more interested in Christal and Sinclair than him, so he went off toward the bar.

This was the after-party of the event they just came from. The event she was forced to go to after witnessing the man she has a crush on murder someone.

Christal turns her head to look at Sinclair. Why was he telling them how they truly met? This was not a lie.

"She looked stunning and I have to say, I was dazed by her beauty. But, when she spoke nervously, I knew she was just as dazed as I," he told them before they both made eye contact. Christal's smile faded and her facial expression was between shocked and confused, but she knows she must look in love to the people surrounding them.

"I knew after that gathering, I had to see her again..." He unwrapped his arms from around her waist and cupped her face. Her eyes dance over his before looking directly at his lips.

"Get a room." One of the random men shouts causing Sinclair to laugh, but Christal was still dazed from it all.

Was he being serious? Did he mean it? Christal wanted to know if he was star-struck just as she was.

"I know there's a room around here for these two," the men and women laugh as they walked away from them both. "See you next week Sinclair with my documents."

Sinclair nodded his perfectly shaped head and held that beautiful fake smile. A smile that everyone had witnessed countless times in media, but no one ever saw his genuine smile. It made her feel sick and nauseous. She was doing everything her father wanted her to do. Smile and be pretty, be Donell Wash's only daughter. However, she's not Sinclair's daughter, but his girlfriend. It made her feel sick.

Without thinking, she shoves Sinclair away from her and quickly dashed past the people in her way. She needed to get fresh air. The woman didn't care about the weird looks she was receiving, she hardly cared about this relationship that was never real, to begin with. Once she got to a room far from the party, she shut the door behind her, gasping at the scene in front of her.

"Gosh, we got to stop meeting like this Bambi," Martin sighed puffing the cloud of smoke from his lips, the room filled with smoke making her cough. "I'm starting to feel like you have the hots for me... huh."

"Are you insane! What if I wasn't the one to open the door!" Christal scolded, trying to ignore the men and women sitting on the love seats with white powder covering the accent table and their noses. "You know people-"