Chapter 5: Initiation Day Part 1

Legends-

(Y/N)- Your Name

(E/C)- Eye Color

(F/C)- Favorite Color

(H/C)- Hair Color

____________________________________________

Location: Beacon Academy- Beacon Cliff

Time: 10:30 A.M.

____________________________________________

Today was the day; Initiation day. It was time that (Y/N) and the other students show what they are capable of. (Y/N) holstered his revolver to his side and placed his ammunition cartridge close by his gun, along with some dust crystals. With his clean (F/C) overcoat on, (Y/N) set his way up the cliff to meet up with the professors and the other students.

As he hiked up the cliffside, he saw the other students heading up along side him. He saw Jaune trying to make small talk with Weiss, to no avail as a red-haired girl walked along side them. Ruby was chatting with her sister Yang about the teams. The girl with the bow, named Blake from what (Y/N) had heard, was reading a book as she hiked. And close behind him was a boy in a green formal outfit with a ginger-haired girl zipping around him.

(Y/N) then began to contemplate about the man he saw the other day. Something about him seemed familiar, yet he couldn't place a finger on it. One question continued to linger in the young boy's mind. Just who was that man and why did he bare a striking resemblance to his father? Not wanting to distract himself, he decided to just put the though to the side as they finally arrived at the top.

Panels were lined up in a row on the ground. Professor Goodwitch had asked them to line up on the panels as they began to explain the initiation.

"For years, you have trained to become warriors." Professor Ozpin said as he held his coffee mug. "Today, your abilities will be  evaluated in the Emerald forest."

"Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors of appointment of teams." Professor Goodwitch said as some students nodded. "Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates, today."

(Y/N) glanced over at Ruby, who didn't seem too keen on how the pairing of teams could play out.

"These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone whom you can work well." Professor Ozpin stated, much to Ruby's discomfort. "That being said, the first person whom you make eye contact with after landing will be you partner for the next four years."

(Y/N) silently counted down from three to one as Ruby's heart seemed to shatter upon reaching to one. Her face said it all. She was not on board with the way of forming the teams.

"What?!" Ruby exclaimed.

"After you have partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest." Professor Ozpin said as he pointed in the direction for them. "You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy anything in your path, or you will die."

His tone was so stern when he said that. Professor Ozpin was very much serious about the possibility of death on the first day. Some students seemed hesitant, Jaune in particular as he was shaking in his boots. (Y/N) himself understood the severity of the dangers. Though a bit nervous, he didn't let it get to him.

"You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene." He added. "You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path, containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. You will guard that item as well as your standing and grade you appropriately."