Chapter 1: The Stampede's Son

Legends-

(Y/n)- Your Name

(E/C)- Eye Color

(F/C)- Favorite Color

(H/C)- Hair Color

____________________________________________

Location: Vale- A Simple Wok

Time: 7:45 P.M.

____________________________________________

As dusk begins to arrive, many of the town's residents either begin to head home or spend some quality time out on the streets. For many, this would usually be a peaceful night, but not always. Would be criminals would take this time to take advantage of small businesses who remained opened.

One man in particular, does so with no issue. The man was quite large; larger than any man anyone has ever seen. His hair was a stylized as a mohawk with a distinct green that made it stand out. His earlobes hung out longer than any other person. His red shirt was torn by the sleeves, revealing his left muscular arm and his right mechanical arm. On his back, a giant metal boomerang latched onto his back. A few men stood beside him as his lackeys.

With a smirk on his face, his eyes glanced over at the small noodle shop; where a person was sitting down as he ate. Within a few steps, he arrived to see the shop keeper in a panic.

"M- may I h- help you, s- sir?" The elderly shop keeper asked. His voice shaking with every moment.

"I think you know. Lien. Fork it all over and there won't be any trouble." The rotund man said while his mechanical arm reached for the boomerang. "Unless... you wish for another way."

The elderly keeper took not time to hesitate. He opened the register and withdrew all that he had, to the displeasure of the thug.

"That's it? Are you holding out?" The giant man said aggressively as he drew his weapon. His goons also drew their guns.

"I- it's all that I have! P- please don't!"

Just before the thug could do anything, he glared over to the young man in a (F/C) coat with his hood over his head. He was still continuing to eat his noodles as if nothing was happening. The giant smirked as a chuckle escaped his mouth. He aimed his boomerang at the back of the man's neck as his men began chuckling.

"I bet you at least got something of value on ya. Just hand it over and nobody gets hurt." Said the man as he held the bag right besides him.

"P- please! He's just a boy!" The elder man said.

The giant man's attention didn't waver as the young man didn't seem to pay attention.

"Did you hear what I said?! Hand over all of your stuff!" He angerly stated.

The young man stopped. His (F/C) gloved hands pulled down his hood as he glanced over at the giant man. His (E/C) gazed in the man's eyes, causing a sense of discomfort. He stands up from the seat as his right hand hovered above his holster. With one swift flick, his revolver was sent flying high into the night sky. With a smirk on his face, the seemed to have blinked out of existence, causing the giant criminal and his men to back away a bit in fear. The large man began looking around to find the young man, but to no luck.

"Don't mind him, just knock the old geezer out and bail, men." He said.

No response. Everyone was silent as the young man from earlier sat back down with his hand out to catch his gun.

"Did you idiots hear me- guh?!" The large man said as he turned around.

As he did so, his men were all knocked unconscious and tied up by nearby lampposts. The giant was shocked. His mind trying to process all that seemed to have happened within seconds. The sound of a click broke the silence.

"So, you still plan on stealing the money?" The young boy asked with his gun aimed at the large man's back.

The giant began panicking as he felt the barrel pressed onto his back.

"N- no, sir! T- take the money back! Just let me go!" He said as if he was close to breaking down.

"Should I?" The boy said.

Releasing the hammer on the revolver, a clicking sound emitted, but no bang. The giant man took noticed as he slowly turned around to see the boy. The boy pulled the trigger again, nothing.

"Uh oh... I might've forgotten to reload. He he.." The young boy said as a small chuckle escaped his lips.

"So. Trying to make a fool out of me?! I knew you were all talk!"

"You wouldn't mind giving me some prep time, would you?" The boy asked with his eyes slowly looking away.

With a smirk on the large man's face, he slammed down his massive bladed boomerang towards the boy. Luckily, the young man quickly dodged the strike as he began running. He pulled a few rounds out of his pocket and began reloading behind an alleyway. The criminal grabbed one of his goons' gun and began firing towards him.

"No one makes a fool out of Descartes! No one!" He maniacally shouted as he laughed while continuing to shoot at the boy.

After the boy reloaded, the firing halted. This was his opening. He peered out of hiding and shot one bullet. To the elderly man's surprise, the one bullet knock the gun out of Descartes' hand. Out of anger, Descartes chucked his boomerang at the boy. The boy swiftly moved out of the way as with five shots left, he threw four red dust crystals towards Descartes. With precise aim, he fired the four crystals, causing a small explosion and knocking Descartes back.

As Descartes fell on his back, he slowly tries to get back up. But before he could, he was met with the barrel of the boy's revolver right in front of him. The man panicked once again as he looked upwards to the young man. He face was serious as his eyes seemed to shine with the newly risen moon. Before any more action could be taken, Descartes' boomerang came back at a rapid speed. Descartes' face was full of fear as the weapon was flying back towards them.

The young boy didn't turn his back, but aimed his arm towards the oncoming weapon, waiting for a few seconds.

"Are you crazy?! That thing will hit us! You can't knock it back with a little bullet!" Descartes said as he continued to panic.

The young boy smirked, still keeping his attention towards Descartes as his arm still faced outwards. Bang! The bullet fired and struck the metal boomerang. The large weapon seemed to have been losing altitude and began to lose its balance. It eventually landed blade first just a few feet besides Descartes' face. He was so stunned by the act and the boomerang landing close to him, that he fainted.

The elderly man walked over as he shook the hand of his hero.

"Thank you, young man!" He said as he kept shaking the boy's hand.

"No problem, sir. I probably should have done something sooner." The boy said.

"Nonsense. Your timing was impeccable. The way took out the thugs, then Descartes, and stopping that big weapon with one shot! You have the making of a great huntsman within you."

"Y- you think so? This was technically my first big bad guy."

"Of course! Of all the huntsman who had came by and saved my stand, you my friend, have handle such situation with minimal damage. Stop by anytime for a meal. It's on the house."

And with that, a smile formed on the boy's face. This one incident might not have been a big break into his life as a huntsman in training, but free food is free food. After tying up Descartes' unconscious body with his unconscious thugs, law enforcement soon came. Just before he could leave, the shop keeper turned over to him.

"By the way, what is your name? So I may properly thank my hero." He asked with a smile.

The boy looked over with his bag on his back. He pulled down his hood one last time as the wind blew his (H/C) hair. With a smile on his face, he answered.

"My name is (Y/N) Stryfe. Huntsman in training."

____________________________________________

End Of Chapter 1