Part 3 - Opening up/Reunited

Zoé's pov
"Oh my god. what the fuck just happened?"
"i need to call mia right now."
two police officers stayed in the house with me while i called mia.

Zoé
"mia you wont believe what just fucking happened! Alex just got a-"
Mia
"zoé. i know."
Zoé
"what do you mean mia.?"
Mia
"I called them. I stopped by your house to see if you were okay, because you wouldn't answer any of my calls or anything!"
Zoé
"I dont even know what to say right now"
Mia
"You don't need to say anything. Meet me at our spot in 5 minutes"
Zoé
"O-okay.."
*Call Ended*
Call Duration: 3:18

"Hey Zoé, you gonna be alright?" The police officer said.
"Yeah- yeah of course.."
"We're going to stay in the neighbourhood, just incase anything else happens." The other police officer said.
"Thank you, really."
"It's our job. No need to thank us." The police officer reassured.

Zoés POV
The police officers exited the house and I started getting ready to meet Mia.
I can't lie, I still am shaking so badly. I mean- what am I even going to do with this place- i need to sell it or something. There is absolutely no way I'm staying in this house.
I left the house and immediately saw all of my neighbours, even ones i didn't even know, outside of my house.
"Oh get a fucking life you nosey idiots" I said, sharply.
I got in my car, and started driving to me and Mia's spot. It was up the street where we first met when we were five. It was a treehouse that was open to the public. We had clarified it as "our spot" because whenever we would go up there we would talk about all of the problems we had, the gossip, just chat really.

I arrived at our spot and saw Mia, sitting up in the treehouse, bit childish when you think of it now, but it meant a lot to us. I went and sat next to Mia, and we talked about everything for hours on end.
I thanked her for what she did
"Mia, i cant thank you enough. You really didn't have to do that"
"Are you kidding me?!" "Of course I did!"
"Fair enough.."
"You're a good friend Mia. I love you so much and I hope you know that"
"I love you too, now why the hell are we still here, it's literally 11pm."
"I've got no idea" I said to Mia.

"I think it's best if you sleep at my house tonight.."
"You're right, but only if you're alright with it."
"Of course, it'll be just like old times."

We both got in my car, and we drove to Mia's house.
"Oh my god Zoé look at this, it's the one direction pillow you got me for my 8th birthday" Mia laughed
"We used to sing all of their songs for our moms when we wanted a sleepover" I said happily, calmed down.
"We so did" Mia chuckled.

Mia and I stayed up all night, talking about all of the memories we had when we were younger.
We both woke up on the floor, from drinking way too much than we should have.
"Uuuuggggghhhhh" i groaned
"What the fuck was that Zoé" Mia started laughing her ass off.
"You sounded like fucking voldemort" Said Mia
I started laughing too, i dont know why, it was so stupid. We were clearly still a bit tipsy.

Mia: "I think we should get breakfast, we didn't even eat dinner last night"
Zoé: "I'm not even hungry at this point"
Mia: "Yes you are, eat this"
Mia chucked a protein bar at my head.
Zoé: "Wtf mia"
Mia: "Oooopsss"
We both just blurted out laughing. We could laugh at anything, i swear to god.

"I'm really glad that we're still friends.. i would've thought you would have dropped me for all of those times i ditched your calls, refused to go out, or wouldn't reply to your texts..
I guess it's pretty obvious why I didn't now.. but still."

"Do not apologise! It wasn't ever your fault. I kind of knew something was up. You changed i to this whole new person when you started dating Alex. But that was because of him. Not you. I didnt say anything at first because maybe you just needed space. But it got too much." Mia reassured me.

"I love you so much Mia. You literally saved my life, quite literally."
"Yesterday was just such a shock. Im still kind of shaking about it."
"I genuinely could have died, or would've had to just stick with him."
"The amount of times I actually have felt so worthless because of his words, or his violence, is crazy."
"It just felt like.. a part of me, was broken."
"He was so controlling and I don't know what could've happened if the police didn't arrest him." I said, tearing up.

"Oh Zozo, please don't cry. It's all over now. He's gone. He's not going to bother you again. I'm here now and everything's okay."
Mia hugged me and made sure i was okay.
"I'm gonna make you hot chocolate"
"My favourite!" My face lit up.
"Remember 2 suga-" i shouted.
"i know what to do."  Mia laughed.

Authors note
OK IM SO SORRY I ACTUALLY PROMISE THE NEXT PART WILL BE ZOÉ MEETING BOJAN😭😭
Can we just take a minute to appreciate Mia and Zoés friendship i actually love it 🫶🏻🫶🏻
I Hope you all enjoyed this chapter ❤️

Words: 930