7

Danielle

"Minji this is where we sit!" Hyein shows minji our lunch table that's in a corner next to a large window, giving us a full view of the green scenery that surrounds our school. "It's a nice spot." Minji gives us a smile.

I noticed that Haerin isn't really clinging to me as much now that minjis presence is here, maybe I'll ask her later.

"Guys Haerin and I are going to get lunch!" Hyein says and drags Haerin to the lunch line. Meanwhile I take out my lunchbox from my bag and take out the items in it. "You always bring your lunch?" Minji asks me. "Yes. The school lunch here is terrible." I make a disgusted face. Minji chuckles and sits closer to me, "Do you know why they pick on you?" Minji asks me.

"I think it's because I'm.... different than others." I say as I lower my gaze to the tiles on the floor. "I don't think you're different." Minji says as she puts her hands under my chin and lifts my gaze to meet hers. "You don't even know me." I say and move her hand. "Hyein has told me somethings about you, like how you have Asperger's Syndrome. I don't think that should make you different." Minji shows a small smile to me.

"Also, I hate to tell you this but, that girl who always picks on you is throwing you death stares." Minji whispers in my ear and I turn my head to see Hanni throwing death stares, but not at me? That's weird.

"Shes not throwing death stares at me." I say and minji frowns. "It looks like it." She shrugs her shoulders. "Shes throwing death stares at you." I frown as well and minji chuckles. "Me?" She says and I nod slowly. "I believe so, to me her eyes are fixated on you not me." I shrug and minji smirks.

I was taking out one of the sandwiches my mother made for me when minji put her arm around my waist and pulled me closer to her. "What are you doing?" I ask as I look at her hand on my waist and then her eyes. "Seeing if that girl of yours will storm over here." Minji chuckles as she smirks while looking at Hanni. "Shes not my girl, she's my bully." I say and minji laughs again. "Danielle, for being one of the smartest students, you sure are dense when it comes to romance." Minji says.

"Romance? I'm not fond of it, but I'm trying." I say and minji puts a strand of hair behind my ear. "I think...that cheerleader secretly has a crush on you." She whispers in my ear and I stand up abruptly. "Wha-what? Of-of course n-not!" I stutter. Why am I stuttering at such nonsense? "I'm going to the bathroom!" I say and fast walk to the nearest bathroom.

I force open the bathroom door and stand in front of the mirror, looking at my face. My cheeks are red, am I blushing?

I splash some cold water on my face and glance back at it to see the redness gone, along with someone standing behind me. "So 2 girls are dumb enough to fall for you? I mean who would want to ever be with you?" Hanni says to me and I turn around to realize how close she is to me. "Can you give me space?" I say and put my hands on her shoulders to push her back, only for them to be swatted back to my sides.

"Why? Am I making you uncomfortable dyke? Are you actually liking how close I am to you deep down?" Hanni mockingly asks me as she continues to step closer to me, my waist hits the back of the counter, and my body is trapped between the sink and the mean cheerleader.

"What? Why would I like how c-close you are to m-me?" I widened my eyes at my voice and she smirks. "Well...looks like you do." She cocks an eyebrow at me. "No. You only want to be mean to me because I'm... different in your eyes. I'm not." I say and she lowers her eyebrow. I could've sworn I saw her gaze soften but maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me.

Silence fills the bathroom. "Shouldn't you go back to your boyfriend." I say breaking the silence. Hanni's zoned out eyes come back to focus when my voice passes through her ears. "Shouldn't you go back to your girlfriend?" Hanni steps closer and now her chest is pressed against mine and her breath continuously hits against my lips.

I didn't realize I was staring at Hanni's lips until I look up to see her gaze was on my lips as well. Could she-

"DANIELLE!" Haerin shouts as she enters the bathroom and sees hanni trapping me. She grabs Hanni's arm and forces her body away from me. "Leave her alone." Haerin says as she stands in front of me and glares at Hanni. Hanni scoffs before winking at me and walking out of the bathroom. Winking? Why did she wink at me? Was minji actually right?

"Are you okay?!" Haerin says as she examines my body. "Yes." I nod and she sighs in relief. "Come on let's go eat." She says and grabs my hand.

We walk out to the cafeteria and minji and hyein are eating. I meet minjis gaze and she smirks at me. "So...what happened?" She asks me and the rest of the girls look at me. "Nothing." I say and hyein drops her spoon. "She didn't hit you? Or pour coffee on you?" She asks me. I shake my head and continuing eating my already half eaten sandwich.

"Danielle...you're blushing." Minji whispers in my ear and I look in my phone to see my face. "You sure nothing happened?" Minji asks me again. "Nothing...she just was talking to me." I say and minji smirks.

"She totally has a crush on you, I knew she would follow you." Minji says and eats some of her fries. My eyes glance around the cafeteria, looking for hanni. She is sitting with her boyfriend, his hand is on her thigh, rubbing it up and down and she isn't paying any attention to him. Her eyes glance around and meet mine. We stare into each other's eyes for what feels like hours.

Hanni never breaks eye contact with me as she opens her milk and takes a long, slow sip out of it. Traces of the white milk is laced onto her plump lips. Her tongue glides out slowly, cleaning up the left over milk. I widened my eyes and finally break eye contact with her. I glance back at Minji and see her chuckling to herself quietly.

"Guys why don't we have a sleepover at my house tonight?" Minji says while looking at me. "Oh my god! YES! We haven't had one in forever!" Hyein screams in excitement. Haerin nods as well while staring at Minji. I notice they have been staring at each other a lot lately.

"Great see y'all at 8!" Minji says and gets up, she walks over to Hanni's table and whispers something in Hanni's ear. I see Hanni's disgusted face while looking at Minji. Then she nods and minji walks out of the cafeteria. Hanni's gaze meets mine one last and she winks at me again before leaving the cafeteria.

What did she say to her? Am I gonna die?

************
What minji say to her?