Prologue

after leaving rito village link had set out to the zora's domain. he had felt a weird sensation after the battle with the beast Colgera but it has only grown stronger. It doesn't hurt but it felt strange like an itch that grew almost painful.

After about 3 days of travel, Wild knew something was wrong. The wild was silent and the trees were still, which made Wild nervous. But he couldn't do much but worry, so he went for the nearest tree and rested his tired eyes. He slept on a small but safe tree, trying to fall asleep, but the feeling that had followed him since Rito village kept him awake. He tried to find out what it was, racking his brain to think of any time he may have felt this before, but nothing came to mind.

So he pushed his thoughts aside and finally managed to calm his nerves and fall asleep. After sleeping for a few hours, Wild sets off for Zora's Domain, but he still can't shake the feeling that something is happening soon. After meeting with Sidon and helping him defeat the strange sludge monster that attacked Mipha Court, he went to find the Zora king. After he gave me his scales, which were surprisingly dry, he had to take a break because he couldn't find this fish island. after finding a secluded forest somewhat far from Zora's Domain.

Twilight's POV

It's been a couple years since Wild was separated from us, and the whole chain misses him, especially his cooking. But soon after, we saw a portal open, and we all groaned, but a part of me hoped that we would be sent to Wild's Hyrule. After we all went into the portal, Time was the first to ask, "Does anyone recognize this Hyrule?" A bunch of nopes and nuh-uhs came from everyone, but Wind said something I hoped for in all these 4 years i prayed for. "This looks a lot like Wild's Hyrule." I've never been more skeptical and thrilled in my life, but we had to be sure because if we were wrong, then all my hopes would be crushed in this single afternoon. It was nighttime, so we had to find a secluded area to do patrols and be safe. Hyrule found a forest that looked pretty empty, so we went in to find a place to camp. But after a little looking, I saw something that made my heart skip a beat. I started running, and a few members of the chain started running after me when I came to a stop. Time asked me why I ran off, but he saw what I had seen...Wild.

WildsPOV

I found myself hiding my arm with every outfit I wore when I went to sleep. I was wearing my Hylian tunic that I had bought at Lookout Landing after I came from the Sky Island. I found a way to hide my right arm just to save myself from confused and concerned looks. But something woke me up; it was footsteps, so after reaching for my sword and jumping off the tree, it was so dark I couldn't tell who it was. It probably wasn't a Yiga; I rarely see them anymore, but it didn't look like a monster, so I'm assuming it's a startled traveler, so I'm just going to disarm them and try to make sure it isn't a Yiga.

When I went to make a strike, I found I was quickly blocked. I wasn't surprised, but the way they swung their sword gave me an unsettling wave of nostalgia. I quickly brushed it off and backed up, hoping I wouldn't have to do anything serious, but I saw three or four more men come from the shadows and into the ripples of moonlight that came through the tree's I knew I had to keep my guard up because this wasn't going to be pretty considering how many men there are, but I had some time bombs that I hoped I wouldn't have to use. But when one particular guy drew his sword, I saw that the sword had lightened up. The light was so similar to the master sword's that I stood there still thinking that someone had taken it when a mysterious light had taken it the last time I had it. But it just isn't possible. The master sword was broken past redemption, but it never was that bright. When I focused on who had her, I realized it was Sky. I quickly said something without thinking, "Sky, is that you?" I heard a response from a voice that I knew had to be Sky's; no one else in Hyrule had a voice similar to Sky's: "Oh Hylia, it really is you wild!"

I sheathed my sword and ran to give him a big hug. I was so excited that my heart burst with more joy than I could process. "I missed you guys so much!" I wondered who else was here; it was too dark to make out anyone else except Sky, but I still had to focus my eyes to make sure it was him, but someone who sounded like Twi spoke up. "Hey cub me, Time, Four, and Hyrule are here as well." "They all came running after me." He said with a little guilt in his voice, Why would they be running after him? "Hey Wild, we know you're probably tired, but since leaving the portal, Legend has been pretty loopy. Since he always gets like this after a portal, do you think you can cook him something to make him feel better?" I obliged; I'm not going to let my brother get sick now. They all took me to the rest of the group, and I lit a fire, placed my pot on it, and decided to make Legend some veggie cream soup. After a while of stirring, I gave Legend his bowl, and his eyes lit up like the stars in the sky. "Man, Wild, I haven't had anything like this since Hyrule started cooking!" Hyrule gave Legend a death stare, but Legend ignored him, shoving the soup in his mouth.

 "Hey Wild, is there any left in the pot?" Wind asked, looking at the pot like it was an extra wallet in Beatle's shop. "Of course, what sort of cook am I if I don't make you all food?" The entire chain beamed as I served them all a plate, and everyone was off chatting about the food or something else, mainly bets amongst the chain. But Twilight called me over, and I walked with him far enough from the chain that they couldn't hear us. Twilight spoke up. "Hey cub, I've been meaning to ask... are you on a quest?" I froze. What should I say? I don't want to worry him, but I also don't want to drag him into this "𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘥." I mean, I am stuck on how to find this fish island, but "𝘤𝘶𝘣" I can't drag him into this. Oh, what do I do what do I- "𝙆𝙄𝘿" " you with me, bud?" I nod my voice has been strained all day, but twilight startled me. I panicked and couldn't talk. "Hey, are you alright?" I nodded. I don't need to worry Twilight more than I already have I can't let him find out about my arm. "Hey, you wanna sit down and talk about it?" I sign "𝘯𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘺" Twilight sigh's but he know's I wont spill until i'm ready. we walk back to the camp and see who is patrolling tonight.

writer here this is my first ever book and i'm super nervous please go a little easy on me and forgive the multiple font i'm trying to find an italic font that fit's my story but please leave some constructive criticism so i can make even better novels in the future but i'm quoting my favourite line that gave me the courage to do what i always wanted to do "destiny is a gift. some go their entire lives living existences of quiet desperation, never learning the truth that what feels as though a burden pushing down upon our shoulders is actually a sense a purpose that lifts us to greater heights. never forget that fear is but the precursor to valor, that to strive and triumph in the face of fear is what it means to be a hero. Don't think, Master Jim...𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦"

-𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴, in memory of Anton Yelchin my child hood troll hunter