Arriving

Blake

I spotted Bev, Rick, and Luke.

I stood up.

Madeline stood up.

"What the hell happened, Maddie?"

"Her husband doesn't like females threatening him."

"And why did Miranda feel the need to threaten him?" Rick questioned.

"Because he hit Madeline around last night."

Bev and Madeline hugged.

Luke and me hugged.

"How is she, Blake?"

"She's in recovery. I'm just waiting for the Doctor to come and tell me we can visit her."

"They got all the glass out of Miranda."

"The Surgeons—"

"It's because her body has shaped and developed more than 14 years ago."

"And the babies?"

"All healthy."

"I will never be able to forgive myself for the pain I put you and your family through, Blake. But I hope you can forgive me one day."

"Consider yourself forgiven."

"Wh—"

"You are the reason Miranda is alive. You got there before me. So, thank you."

"I'm sorry I dragged her into this. If I had known how he really is, I never would've called her."

"I know."

"So, you are leaving him?" Rick questioned.

"Yeah, I am."

"She's gonna live with us."

"Blake."

"It'll ease Miranda's mind. Knowing she can protect you. And nobody gets on that Ranch without us knowing."

"Motion sensors. Traps. Cameras that are linked to their phones. Nobody gets on that Ranch without them knowing. You'll be safe there."

"Miranda got a little paranoid. With all the paparazzi surrounding us."

Madeline smiled.

"Do you have enough room for me and my kids?"

"I built two guest houses near the main house. For our family. When they come over and spend the night. We have plenty of room. More room than we need."

She laughed.

"Will you please stay with us?"

"Of course I will."