Movie Night

You yawn, pushing through the double doors of the rec room to see the Stepbrothers dvd menu cast weakly on the projector.
Stepbrothers. Seriously? Stepbrothers?
Luschek is fiddling with the laptop plugged in at the front and inmates are slowly filling up the rows of pale plastic chairs. You roll your eyes to yourself, the thought of bailing growing. What you would give for just one gritty movie. Or a sofa. Or a really bad reality TV show. You sit on a particularly wobbly chair next to Gina.
"Fuck's sake." you mutter, trying to reposition the chair. It lets out a hideous shriek as it scrapes roughly against the floor. You see a couple of people flinch at the noise and close your eyes for a beat in frustration.
"Psst"
You let your eyes open and roll your head to look over your shoulder.
"This one here is, uh," Nicky rattles the empty seat next to her, "sturdy." She raises her eyebrows in question. You didn't know she'd be here. She's in the grey prison sweats, like you, her sleeves rolled up and her hair messy as ever. She looks good. But she always does.
You turn to look at the screen again and let out a sigh before getting to your feet and rounding onto the row behind you.
You reach the seat next to her and pull your hoodie off, the air is a little cool, with only the prison assigned vest against your skin.
Nicky raises her brows,
"Sorry, I didn't realise 'sturdy' was code for that." She glances at your torso, "if I'd've known, i would have said it a lot sooner." She leans back in her chair, smirking.
You swing the hoodie at her playfully.
"Don't flatter yourself." You say shaking your head and folding it up to use as a cushion.
She chuckles slightly as you take your seat and opens a packet of chips.
The room is buzzing with noise as more people fill the seats surrounding you.
You sigh, looking at the screen again.
"Not a Will Ferrel fan?" Nicky asks, glancing at you. She grazes her thigh against yours.
"I'd rather lick the floor of the showers than have to watch Elf again." You say, still looking at the looping animation on the screen, very aware of her thigh against yours.
"Alright. Well would you rather watch Elf again, or Old Dogs?" She asks playfully, pushing a chip in her mouth, then holding the bag out for you.
"You got me there." You reply, looking at her with a slight smile before taking one, "I don't think anything could be worse than Old Dogs."
Nicky chuckles at your look of disgust, pleased she predicted your response.
"Alright, alright, quieten down ladies." O'Neill calls as he switches off the florescent lights, enhancing the projectors image.
Nicky shifts slightly next to you, placing an earphone in the ear away from you and leaving the other free. You follow suit and sink into the hard plastic chair a little further.
Luschek presses 'play movie' and 'A-Punk' starts rattling through your tinny earphones as John C Reilly makes microwave Nachos and jerks off to a pilates vhs.
You take a long blink, feeling sleepy already. How you could be laying on your shitty little bed right now reading 'The Year of the Flood' or a crinkled magazine that's five years out of date. Or you could be curled up napping on the itchy prison blanket. Maybe Nicky would be curled up with you...
But she is here, with you in this hollow little room.
You open your eyes reluctantly.
Nicky looks at you sidelong.
"You okay over there?" She asks quietly, her arm pressing against yours as she leans in to speak.
"Mhmm." You glance at her, her face is softly illuminated by the glow of the screen. She's looking at you. "I'm just, my eyes are feeling very heavy." You blink again.
"You're sleepy?" She asks, nudging you with her shoulder, she seems to be amused.
"Either that or my eyes are feeling overwhelmed by this beautiful cinematography." you gesture to the screen, earning a smile from her. Rocking your head back to look at the ceiling, you take another long blink. She doesn't let herself think.
"Come here." She pulls you gently against her chest and drapes her arm over your shoulders. She's warm. You sink into her, leaning your head against her and letting your hand fall to her thigh. Her fingers brush against your upper arm, her hair tickling your cheek. If you weren't sleepy before, now you were being pushed over the edge.
"Mm, wake me up when it's over."
"Mm mm," She shakes her head softly, "I'm gonna wake you up just just as John C Reilly sheds down to his tighty whities, I know that's your favorite part." She grins.
"You're evil." You mumble in response, letting your eyes stay closed and feeling the rise and fall of her chest. She adjusts herself slightly, to face you more, so her jaw is resting against your head and her body is at a better angle for you to lean against. She's never seen you in such a gentle light before as she runs her fingers up and down your arm, lost in thought. She makes eye contact with Vause across the aisle who raises her eyebrows slightly.
She tries not to smile in response, very pleased with the position she's found herself in, not smug, just happy.

{idfk please don't put yourselves through Old Dogs, stay safe out there}