chap. 5 what now?

01:04 am.

Alchemist woke up by her mother screaming around in terror, she quickly got up and ran to her.

Alchemist: "What is going on?! "

The Mom: "THERE'S A BAT IN OUR HOUSE!! "

Alchemist: "A What?!? "

The Mom: "A F##KING BAT!! "

Alchemist: "Mom calm down, its just a lil bat. "

The Mom: "JUST A BAT?! WHO SAID IT ISN'T A VAMPIRE, TRYING TO KILL US?!"

Alchemist: "*sigh* mom it's literally
1 am, what if I just take the bat and bring it outside? "

The Mom: "NO, I DON'T WANT YOU TO DIE! "

Alchemist ignored her mother, grabbed the bat, (which was just calmly sitting around) and wanted to take it outside, when she looked closer on it.

It's furr is red as Vampire's hair and it has the same tired expression on it's face.

When she was outside, she goes into a darker corner, where her parents can't see them and sat the bat down on the ground.

Reddish smoke came up randomly and where the bat was laying before, standing now Vampire cookie, with his usual tired expression on his face.

Alchemist: "Explanation, now!"

Vampire: "Ugh, fine.. Maybe..I've got the ability to turn myself into a bat. But I thought you knew. "

Alchemist raised an eyebrow.

Vampire: "Ok, I know you didn't knew, I'm sorry, can I go back inside now?"

Alchemist: "You're room window is still open you know? "

Vampire: "Oh really? Great. "

Before Alchemist could say anything else, Vampire turned himself back into a bat and flew of.

Alchemist sighed and went back inside, where her mother is still in terror.

The Mom: "I'LL TELL YOU, THAT WAS A VAMPIRE, BATS AREN'T USUALLY RED! "

She screamed, while her husband tried to calm her down.
That was the moment, when Alchemist just had to ask.

Alchemist: "Mom.. Who said vampire's are.. Evil?"

The Mom: "ARE YOU SERIOUS?! YOU GRANDPA GOT KILLED BY ONE! "

Alchemist: "He only died during the hunt, which doesn't mean he got killed by one. "

The Mom: "STOP ACTING LIKE YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT VAMPIRES YOU'RE JUST 13!"

Alchemist: "I'M 15! "

Alchemist quickly ran back to her room, locked the door and sat down on her bed.
She spend the next 20 minutes crying.
How could her mother do something like that...

She couldn't sleep.

02:37 am.

"Great.. ",
She thought.

She got up and started to look at the old bookshelf again.
It used to be the old bedroom of her parents and since she's living in this room, she never really had the time to actually look at the books.

She took out an old, dusty book with red cover.
A golden heart was printed on the front.

She blew of the dust and opened it.

It was filled with pictures from her mother, back when she was younger, with every page, she looked older until a picture came where she's next to a young man, probably Alchemist's father.
All pictures after that showed a baby boy with dark purple, almost dark red hair.
Then a picture of the same boy, he must been 2yrs old on the picture, leaning over a baby bed, where a little baby was in.

Alchemist recognized the little boy, it was her brother, back when he was younger.

She had to smile, seeing her brother in his little, goofy childhood phase was just adorable.

The next pages where covered in random pictures of them two.

Alchemist remembers that they have been took by their parents, until they leaved. All pictures after that where made by Greta.

The next pages showing perfectly how much they've changed. Vampire's hair turned more and more red over the years, while Alchemist changed her personality to a more, straight direction thinking way.

The next pages where just empty.

Alchemist first wanted to put the book away, but she saw something pointing out of the pages.

She pulled it out, it was a paper with her family tree on it.

Alchemist's eyes wided, she had a very big family, but before she can look further at it, she heard a knocking on her door.