Chapter 31

After the tour there was a lunch break. The only options they had were fish and boars. "Great just my luck" Jinora sighed since she was vegetarian. On cue, Kai showed up "here, your grandmother made sea prune soup for you." He said giving her a bowl "Your father asked me to bring it to you" He said as he sat down.

"How long have you been vegetarian for?" Asami asked and Jinora simply answered "my whole life, I'm a Air nomad"

"Guys did you hear about the competition that's going to happen?" Bolin came in asking as him and Opal sat down at the table along with Mako and Wu. "What competition?" Asami asked

"It's a water bending competition, all the water benders are doing it, it's one of the tribe's traditions." Opal said catching Korra's attention "Basically a boxing tournament but with water bending, the winner doesn't just earn the tribe's respect but also earns a place as a warrior if you want it."

"Tahno is doing it" Opal added "in case you still felt like beating his ass" Opal said to Korra

"Korra isn't a water bender.... WAIT YOU'RE A WATER BENDER?" Bolin's eyes widen "Korra Please sign up. it's in 4 days!" Bolin begged

"Isn't Kevin, Lola and Jazzy doing it too?" Mako questioned

"Yes but forget them, I want to see Korra fight" Bolin was in an excited state he had sparkles in his eyes. Korra chuckled "I'll think about it" she said but Bolin took his chances.

After everyone finished eating they adventured off looking through the small markets. Korra found a small stand that sold jewelries. She looked over at Asami who was distracted taking photos. Korra smiled at the view of her girlfriend then went back to looking through the accessories.

"Anything you like?" The woman in charge of the stand asked. Korra looked up seeing her in a torn up coat and with 2 kids building a snow man behind her. It reminded her of the people back in the city. "How much for this one?" Korra pointed at pearl necklace with a small emerald charm. The woman smiled at Korra's choice "Good choice, it matches her eyes" The woman said talking about Asami making Korra blush a little "The pearls are real and the emerald is hard to find here so it'll be around 160 but for you I'll 100" The woman said and Korra pulled out her wallet while the woman packaged it.

Korra handed her cash and took her baggy "Wait miss, this is too much, I only asked for 100 did you give me 1,000" the woman said wanting to give Korra back her money. Korra folded the money back into the girl's hand "Depending on the size, color, surface quality and on the type of pearl can cost way more than 100, These are perfect" Korra gave her a smile "don't sell yourself short" Korra bowed her head and walked off, "Thank you!" the woman shouted.

Of course Korra knew about pearls and jewels, after all she grew up with thiefs.  

Korra put the small bag in her pocket and reconnected with the group. She looked around seeing people struggle a lot. No one was homeless. Everyone had a hut, it was something the chief made sure of. The only problem was that the water tribes struggled a lot when it came to resources.

"where'd you run off too?" Asami asked as grabbed Korra's hand holding it while they walked. "I was just looking around" Korra said innocently. Opal stopped at a stand that were seeing hand made bags. "Ou these are so cute" Opal said grabbing one.

"Have you heard the news?" Korra overheard another conversation. "Tonraq wants to step down as Chief"

"What? why? how'd you find out?" A woman said and the guy answered saying "My sister is a guard, she overheard him talking to his wife. The poor man is exhausted. He's been our Chief since he was 19 when his father past away, he's 43 now. Thats 24 years he has given us."