Chapter 13

Camille's P.O.V

I am woken by the sound of light screams and a massive pounding of my head. Everything is blurry and spinning but my throat just feels no better.

It's extremely dry and it hurts almost as bad as my head. I lick my dry lips to try and make them somehow wet although my tongue is also dry.

I scan my hazy surrounding feeling pain in all my nerves from just turning my head. I make out the sight of an alley with many dumpsters that seem to justify the horrible smell filling my nose.

I lay my head back on the nearby dumpster that I am leaning on as I try remembering how the hell I got here.

My memory is just as hazy as my sight bringing out patches of me fighting some men.

Seems it was a fucked up scene if I feel this way.

Holding myself on the dumpster I try pulling my..... my .....

Weak?

I am not fucking weak, am just tired.

Liar.

As I am lifting my body, a sudden pain erupts from my arms but most of it is from my left thigh and ribs making me fall back down intensifying the pain from my impact with the ground. A whimper leaves my mouth unintentionally as tears well up in my eyes.

It fucking hurts.

The pain is uneasy to the point that my body fills with shock and clears my sight instantly. The sun is up and everything and everyone seems to be buzzling like any other normal day from the sounds faintly surrounding me.

More screams sound off from an unknown location as I try my best to stretch and reach my mini handbag. I groan as my body strains and a sharp pain erupts it as I get hold of my purse.

I pull out my phone and almost faint from the time displaying on my phone.

9:28am.

This is surely bad, by now am usually home with my little angel. It immediately kicks in that we, Damon and I, were supposed to take her to the park yet here I am.

Fuck, am already on the verge of being a bad mother.

I check the other notification as I feel my body start to lose its energy. I groan in displeasure as I see 6 missed calls from Damon and also some voicemails from him.

This is so very fucked up.

I need to get out of here before sirens fill the air, but seems like I just can't.

We need to get to Vel.

I turn to the dumpster once more, holding onto them like they are my dear life deciding to give my body a second chance. Groans and whimpers leave my mouth as I pull my body up together with my little stuff.

I lean on the trash trying my best to push back the tears threatening to fall from all this torture. Holding onto the wall nearby, I try balancing all my weight on the one weak uninjured leg. I drag my body out of the alley as fast as I can though am sure right now a sloth would be prideful of its speed.

Truthfully, I just feel like I should give up and just pass out. The pain am feeling is on another different level.

It's bad.

Extremely unexplainable to be exact.

I manage to walk out of the alley only to be met with a wild crowd. They are busy surrounding two corpses with shocked expressions as I drag my half dead body.