Chapter 06

Damon's P.O.V

I slowly seep my drink as I listen to River's suggestions about what I have to do with Autumn. He came up with this idea after their second meet up yesterday while I was on the ground clutching my bleeding leg.

"Just try to talk to her. Tell her you need her help, she is nice from what I saw."he said smiling.

"Nice!? That bitch shot me. Where is the 'nice' in that?" I finally speak up not agreeing with him.

"Well you were the one who went on her wrong side. The girl is sweet from how she spoke to me."

"Bullshit, I am not and never will call or talk to her. I already have a deal with Mr. Santiago on her what makes you think I'll cross it and wait for her opinion. She's practically already mine and I am just letting her believe she has the lead."

"To be sincere Damon, that's what you think. Have it your way then, I will be at the gym if you need me." River slightly shook his head in disbelief as he walked out of my office with a frown.

I knew at some point he was right and I hated it. He never agreed with the deal I made at first and now he wants me to just 'talk' with Autumn and believe that stubborn soul will comply.

Totally double bullshit.

I moved my bandaged leg slightly and smiled as I felt the pain in it rush through my body. I loved pain, it made me feel that I was still alive in this dangerous world of mine. A world where all emotions were shut out, a world that did not tolerate weakness. I detested any signs of being weak and would not hesitate to kill a soul if he/she showed me any of it.

Anyone around me, even my dear family knew that I liked bold people around me. I have to admit that when Autumn surprisingly shot me yesterday she proved how much she had 'guts' than many of my enemies and even men.

She pursued my urge to have and own her with that feisty personality of hers. The way she walked away from me swaying her hips confidently as if she did not just shoot a Don. How she started a small conversation with River ignoring my injured self, It spiked me but in a good and thirsty way.

After clearing some loads of paper work I walked out of my office and went straight to my room for a much needed shower.

Thoughts of Autumn were still clouding my mind and River's words still lingered deep in them. I knew he was very right, I had to try and talk to her into helping me with this 'girlfriend situation'.

After throwing many 'innocent' threats at Royce he finally agreed and sent me Autumn's number, he kept begging me not to snitch him out. I had to scoff at his words cause I knew there was no way I would tell her where I got it from.

I really injured my ego when I finally decided on what to text her and sent her the message getting direct to the point. I had no time to beat around, my mother had started to get on my nerves recently with all this frequent calls and her pestering.

Me: Hey, can we please meet up for a talk.

Autumn: Who is this?

I did not expect her to answer within the instant but am glad she did and I also saw no use in the question she asked. She's a whore!? Can't she just say yes without all this questions.

Me: That's not important. Can we just meet up.

Autumn: First, it is important to me and No.. I don't just meet up with strangers. It might be a set up I have many enemies maybe you are one of them.

Wait, who exactly is this girl? Where do strippers get enemies from? Her answer also proved she was clever in a way. At least she had brains, but I couldn't still stop myself from asking the question on her enemies.