part fourteen

my mom and i were sitting in the waiting lobby for the doctors to tell us if my dad was going to be ok. as i anxiously paced the room, i looked up and saw the doctor heading our way.

"is my dad ok?" i asked in a worried tone. "your dad is fine. he's out of the coma now." she said.

i nearly dropped to the floor with happiness as i heard her speak. "can we see him?" my mom asked. "yes, but he might be a little disoriented for a little while but don't worry it'll go away." she smiled.

we nodded and began to walk back to the room. as we walked in, i saw my dad sitting up staring at the tv.

"hey dad, how you feelin?" i said. "exhausted." he said in a weak tone. "i bet. you should get some rest dad. they said you can go home tomorrow morning." i said. he nodded in response and before i knew it he was sleeping.

i looked down at my phone and notice it was getting late. "hey mom i think ima go home for the night, do you need anything before i leave?" i said.

"no i'm ok, i'll see you tomorrow morning." she smiled. we said our goodbyes and i walked out to the parking garage.

-

i pulled into the driveway and notice that lone's car wasn't there. i didn't think anything of it and walked inside the house.

i put my bag down on the counter and grabbed my phone out of my back pocket. i clicked on lone's name and waited for him to answer.

i heard the door unlock and turned my attention towards the door.

"oh there you are, i was just about to call you." i said as lone walked through the door. he had something behind his back but i couldn't make out what it was.

"i didn't know you'd be home already." he said walking up to me to kiss me. "what's behind your back?" i asked curiously. he smiled and pulled out a bouquet of pink roses.

"i got these for you cause i know you been sad lately about your dad." he said as he handed them to me. "aww baby you didn't have to." i said. "i wanted to, you deserve them." he smiled.

i grabbed an empty vase from under my sink and began to fill it up with water. "so what's going on with your dad?" he asked as i put the flowers in the vase. "he's good to go home tomorrow morning." i said. "that's great news. i'm happy he's ok." he smiled.

"so listen i've been meaning to talk to you." he said. i nodded as a signal for him to continue. "i got this lil music festival next weekend and i want you to come with me." he said. he sounded nervous like as if i would say no to him.

"really? duh i'll come with you, that's so exciting!" i exclaimed and i lightly jumped up and down. "yeah im super excited, but a little nervous lowkey." he said in a shy tone. "why are you nervous? you're gonna do so good lone." i said. "yeah idk i just always get kinda nervous when i perform." he said. "well you need to get out of your head, you're gonna do amazing trust me." i reassured him.

"you gon be cheering me on?" he said grabbing my hands and pulling me close to him. "uh duhh, yk i'm your #1 supporter." i said causing him to smile.

-

2 days later

i was at home cleaning up around the house while lone was out with working on music with ken.

"what's the word, tell me what you heard." i sang along to what you heard by sonder as the music echoed throughout the house.

a slight ring sound lowered the music indicating i had gotten a notification. i walked over to the counter and picked up my phone. it was a message from an unknown number.

"who tf?" i said to myself with furrowed eyebrows.

unknown number
hey

i contemplated whether i should even reply or not but eventually i decided to respond.

unknown number

hey

who is this ?

wow youn even got my # saved..

bro just tell me who this is.

it's faygo

i almost threw my phone across the room when i read the message. "what tf this nigga want?" i said to myself.

unknown number
what do u want

a second chance

tuh nigga u got me fucked up

come on baby yk you miss me😉

hell naw, i moved on

oh fr? who you fw now?

dnt worry bout it, just know he way better than u🙂

not possible

oh trust me, its possible. now get tf off my phone.

you gon be runnin back soon

i rolled my eyes and deleted the messages from my phone. i went back to cleaning when i heard the door being unlocked.

"damnnn what you doin walkin around in those lil ass shorts?" lone said as he walked into the house. "boy shut up, i'm cleaning the house. matter a fact, i'm finished now." i said.

"nah you lookin too good, over walkin around wit yo ass out nd shit." he said pulling me by the waist and putting his hand on my ass. "you gon make me do some things to you fr." he said biting his bottom lip.

"is that right?" i said as i looked at him with seductive eyes. "see there you go doin that thing with your eyes, you know what you doin." he said.

"what thing with my eyes?" i said acting like i didn't know what he was talking about. "oh now you wanna act dumb huh? go ahead and take yo fine ass to the room." he said.

————————————————————————
finally a new update sorry for taking forever guys😭

ima try to keep being more consistent with both of my books! *ignore any typos*

-A