✦13✦

𝒯𝒽𝑒 𝒟𝑒𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓃𝓉

Rose, me and Ethan were in the library and Rose seemed sick. Damon enters carrying a blood bag. "I was born in 1450, that makes me 560 years old." I sigh. "Well, if you were a bottle of wine" I smack his head and give him a look and he shrugs. "So I can die. I've lived long enough." I keep a comforting hand on her non-bitten shoulder. "You know, if you're gonna be morn, I'm just gonna kill you myself just to put me out of your misery." Ethan smacks Damon's arm and I give him a thumbs up.

"Who the hell gave you the permission to smack me?" Damon asks while he pours blood from the bag into a glass. "Your mother." I high five Ethan and Rose laughs seeing us interact. "Come on, it's just a little werewolf bite." Rose shoots him a sarcastic look. "Just a little, fatal to a vampire werewolf bite." "Well, according to a legend which is notoriously unreliable source. Drink up." He gives her the glass of blood. I look up and see Ethan's solemn face. 

"Blood heals." She drinks the blood while I run a comforting hand down Ethan's back. "Yeah, it does feel like it's working." Rose smiles. "Let's have a look, come on. Let me see." We look at the bite mark which had got much worse and spread further down her back. "How is it?" We all look at each other just when Elena enters the room. "Definitely...better. Right, Elena?"

Rose looks at her. "Um, it's not bad." I sigh, Rose is not that dumb she would know we are lying soon. "Ethan, can we talk?" He nods and we leave the room. "What happened you look so pale and terrified." He runs a hand down his face. "She is going to die, and I know she is going to suffer the longer she is alive with her wound. She might kill hundreds of innocents just because she isn't in the right state of mind." I sigh. "I know Ethan, I have been working in the line of supernatural care since a few decades. I have stayed up day and night just to find a cure to this damned thing, but I failed. Now my son is going to lose his friend."

He takes my hand and rubs his thumb soothingly above it. "Hey, don't stress. Let's go to school, we can't bunk on teaching everyday, right?" I laugh and nod walking off to pick our bags. "Your car or mine?" I hear Ethan shout from the garage. "Bold of you to assume we would take the same car." I smirk at him from the garage gate and he smiles and gives me a challenging look, I sigh in defeat. "Let's take yours."

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"Why does this town have so many festives? This leaves no time for teaching or learning." I laugh seeing Ethan's expressions. "Mystic Falls is a town that believes in community rather than studies. And this is the Booster Club Barbecue, you should be happy about it." He looks at me dumbfound. "Don't say you don't like the idea of free food." He shakes his head and I gasp dramatically. "You have missed so much in life, I will show you the fun of eating free food." I look at Ethan and see him looking at me with a uncertain emotion in his eyes which go just as I make eye contact with him.

"Sure do, now let's go to our classes." I come out of my mind and nod my head towards him and rush off towards my classes. I enter my class and the students greet me. "Good morning class, I hope we don't have much to cover after my consequent absence from the school? Alicia, please revisit what we did in the last lecture, and others please submit the 200 word essay on Ramayana's poetic devices." Alicia stands up while rest of the students start submitting the essays. "Miss. Salvatore, we stared to read Hamlet and were having a discussion on Shakespeare." I nod my head and gesture her to sit down.

I complete the first class I had and then was walking towards the staff room when I heard certain gossips that didn't fit right with me. Whispers of 'Oh my god the new chemistry teacher is so fine.' 'Does he have a girlfriend.' 'I am sure I saw him wink at me.' 'I think Miss. Salvatore is his girlfriend, I saw them get out his car together.' I slam into the staff room and sit on my assigned chair while thinking of the many possibilities. 'Ethan could get any women, why would he pic me a 33 year old.' 'Did he really wink at the girl in his class?' 'What about his mystery woman?' 'Why am I thinking so much about him, why do I care whether he has a girlfriend or not.'.

"Hey Anjali? ANJALI!" I come out of my thoughts and see Ethan sitting beside me. "Yeah?" He shakes his head. "Nothing, you were just staring at that wall for a while." I nervously laugh and shake my head. I need to talk to someone about what's going on in my life. "Are you fine sweetheart?" I smile at him and nod my head, I need to talk to Jenna asap.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

"Hey Jen, thank you for agreeing to meet up without any notice." I enter the Gilbert house and hug her while she laughs. "Don't mention. Now tell me, what happened that you called me in between my classes freaking out?" I laugh. "I wasn't freaking out." She gives me a sarcastic look and plays my recording and I cover my face with my hands. "You recorded that?" She laughs. "Yeah, its a good blackmail material. Now fess up." I sigh and sit down on the couch.

"I guess I like Ethan, like like Ethan." Jenna squeals and I side eye her. "But he has this mystery woman he likes. And I didn't tell you but he had a big ass date with me when we were in India. I am way too confused what to think about this behavior of his. Can you send Alaric to know what or who has occupied Ethan's mind?" She nods. "See Anj, I know you are stressed but am happy that you are finally liking someone, okay I hoped it would be Elijah but Ethan is also hot." She smiles at me and I lie down with my head on her lap while she soothingly moves her hand through my hair.

"Jen, what if he doesn't like me? What if he likes his mystery woman more? Its the first time in years that I have liked someone, and its my kismat that the guy likes some other woman." She calmly sooths me. "See, I will send Alaric to know if Ethan likes you or not okay. Don't fuss and go to the Boarding house and take a good rest. And if he doesn't like you we always have Elijah." She wiggles her eyebrows and I laugh.

═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══

After a few more hours of chatting I speed towards the Boarding house just to hear Damon and Elena going off about something. "There you go, pretending to turn it off, pretending not to feel." "Damon, you're so close, don't give up." "I feel Elena, okay? And it sucks! What sucks even more is that it was supposed to be me. Jules was coming after me." Hearing Damon in such a guilt ridden state, my heart broke.  

"You feel guilty." "That would be human of me, wouldn't it Elena? And I'm not human. You want to talk about giving up? That's all you've done is give up! Go home. It's been enough doom, gloom and personal growth for one night." "Okay, I will." I enter the Boarding House and see Elena giving him a long hug, and her eyes meet mine. I nod and she pulls back. "Good night Damon, good night Anjali." I wave at her and she walks out of the door. 

"Mom, am gonna head out for the night. Don't wait up, might come back in the morning. Say hi to Ethan and Stefan." He kisses my forehead and zooms out of the main door. I walk down towards basement, I knew Rose didn't get to live her life as a vampire, never touched a ray of sunshine in her 500+ years of vampirism. I open the cooler and take out a couple of blood bags and zoom up to my room. 

"John is here. -Stef"

"Okay, I wanna meet this murderous bitch soon. Love you, come back soon. -Mum"