9 - y/n

tears were running down my face. i looked at hueningkai's beautiful, handsome face, wondering if this would be the last time i would do this.

my hands shook as i paced up and down the room, waiting for the paramedics to arrive.

soobin:"yo, what do we do if he dies??"

i slapped him. he winced and held his arm in pain.

"shut up. just shut up!!" i snapped.

i heard the paramedics come through the door and upstairs. i shrieked as they brang him downstairs and into the ambulance. i couldn't bear to see this.

"i'll take the ambulance with kai!!" me and soobin shouted in unison. yeonjun pulled me backward.

yeonjun:"y/n choi. let soobin go." he said firmly.

i gave him a 'dude i wanna go' look, but he ignored it. i pushed yeonjun backward. he stumbled back, almost losing his balance. i just walked out the door and walked until i couldn't anymore. by the time the sun set i was lost and my phone had died. i sat in the soft grass, sobbing quietly. my thoughts kept racing.

what if i never see kai again?? what even happened?? did he try to kill himself?? something more??

i rested my head on my knees. soon, i heard footsteps lingering behind me. the person sat down. i looked to my right. it was soobin.

"s-soobin..?"

soobin hugged me.

soobin:"he's awake y/n.. he's gonna be okay."

i looked up hopefully.

"what even happened??"

soobin:"he had a heart attack. nearly died. he's okay now y/n. i promise."

i breathed in shakily. a heart attack?? was this my fault??

soobin:"why are you all the way out here anyway??"

"well.. after you left with kai.. i decided it was all too much for me to stay with the others. so.. i ran away. my phone's dead. thanks for finding me."

soobin nodded in sympathy.

"can you do me a small favor??" i asked.

soobin:"depends. what is it??"

"take me to the hospital. now."

he nodded. he took my hand and walked me down to his car. he drove to the hospital.

after a little bit of waiting, i finally walked into his room. i nearly fainted at the sight of kai. in that hospital bed. eating hospital food. in a hospital gown. the iv looked so painful.

kai:"y/n..??"

i couldn't take it anymore. i ran up to him and hugged him. he winced in pain. my eyes widened and i let go. i sat down in a chair next to his hospital bed.

"how are you??"

kai:"not so good. my chest aches frequently."

me and soobin exchanged worrying glances.

kai grabbed my hand and squeezed it weakly.

kai:"whatever happens, y/n, i want you to know, in case i never get the chance to tell you.. i really li-"

as soon as he was about to finish his sentence, the other three came in. they all hugged kai.

i sat down in defeat. what was he about to say??

i got up and stormed off. i sat in the hospital cafeteria, resting my head on the table. i sighed. i decided to get kai some food. i got his favorite, bulgogi.

i went back up to his room and gave him the food. he ate it.

kai:"that was amazing. thank you y/n...." after saying this, his eyes closed and he went limp. i heard the machine beep rapidly.

i hit the emergency button in fear. soon enough, the doctors kicked us out and started reviving him.

i laid my head on yeonjun's shoulder and cried the entire time. yeonjun hugged me and rubbed my back.

yeonjun:"he's gonna be fine y/n. just breathe." i breathed shakily and rapidly.

after about 5 minutes, a doctor came out. he pulled soobin aside.

i looked at soobin and the doctor nervously.

soobin came back.

"what happened!?!?! is he okay!?!!?" i practically screamed.

soobin:"he's fine. they helped him." he said in relief.

i exhaled. "oh thank god." all of the guys pulled me in for a group hug, squishing me into the middle.

i was happy to have a circle of friends that i could trust.

i just have to make sure the one i trust the most doesn't die on me.