[DAY FIVE] Tsukasa Dies (100% Real Not Clickbait)

PROMPTS: Vacation/ Hospital/ Detective
PROMPTS USED: Hospital
SUMMARY: It's a normal day for Rui Kamishiro, until his boyfriend texts him 'I'm at the hospital 😭' and a long string of incomprehensible emojis.

————

Starboy ⭐️⭐️
Rui
I'm at the hospital 😭
😭🔫🫡⭐️‼️🔥😳🤭‼️🫢💜💜💜💜🥲🥲

————

Immediately, when Rui received this notification, his brain began to think of the worst situations possible.

Did Tsukasa get hurt?! Did he get hit by a car?! Did he get stabbed?! Did he get shot?!

Starboy ⭐️⭐️
I broke my foot 💀
this is actually saki texting btw
HI RUI
Lmao Tsukasa has purple hearts in your name
anyway he's with the doctor rn
mfs gonna act wirh crutches for your next show 🤭

Rui sighed in relief, thank god.

But then he panicked again.

TSUKASA BROKE HIS FUCKING FOOT?!

Quickly changing into his outdoor clothes and grabbing a sweater, Rui ran downstairs and texted Tsukasa (Saki??) a quick 'im coming' before he called out to his parents that he was leaving (and realized he was home alone) and entered his car and drove away.

Just how the hell did Tsukasa break his foot? Was he practicing the dance routine for their next show and fall?

Rui sighed, shaking his head as he continued driving to the hospital. He wondered how they would be able to perform when their lead actor had a broken foot. They couldn't cancel the show. No, it was too late- only a week left and almost all the tickets were sold out. Would making last- minute changes to the script work? Or could he get a replacement for now?

But knowing Tsukasa, he would likely be against getting a replacement, even though it was the best idea. He'd probably want to do the show anyway, even with a fractured bone.

The purple haired boy parked his car in the hospital's parking lot, then quickly exited. It usually takes around 2 months for a broken bone to heal, but it could take longer depending on how damaged it is. He hoped it wasn't too bad.

And it wasn't, thankfully. When he walked through the hallways of the hospital and saw Tsukasa struggling to work with crutches, he called out his name. Tsukasa looked up, suddenly grinning ear to ear as he waved frantically.

"HI RUI!!" Tsukasa called, "NICE TO SEE YOU!!"

Rui jogged over to Tsukasa, "Are you alright??" He asked, "How did you break your foot?"

Tsukasa's face fell. He looked over to his beloved sister Saki, who snickered, "Go on, tell him,"

"UHH- I uhm-" The blond stammered, awkwardly avoiding Rui's gaze. "I was- playing.. volleyball? With Saki? And I fell?"

Rui raised an eyebrow. "You sound like you're lying."

"NONONO!! I'm telling you the truth!!" Tsukasa protested, shaking his head frantically. "I promise-"

"He's lying!" Saki called out, grinning.

Now this was weird. Why was Tsukasa lying?

"SAKI!!!! YOU PROMISED NOT TO RAT ME OUT!!!" Tsukasa sobbed, almost slamming the crutches into the walls as he waved it around frantically. "YOU BETRAYER!!!"

Saki shrugged, "I thought you told me it was bad to lie."

"UNLESS IT'S REALLY NECESSARY!!!"

Rui raised an eyebrow, "Is it necessary for you to lie to me, Tsukasa?"

Tsukasa paused, whipping his head around to look at him.

"I- well- it's just.. EMBARRASSING, okay?!!!" Tsukasa muttered, his face going red.

Rui, ever the supportive boyfriend, leaned towards Tsukasa and kissed him on the nose. "Hey, you know I won't judge you for anything."

Tsukasa grumbled, "But you're gonna laugh."

"Then I promise not to laugh." Rui stated, pulling out his pinky. "Pinky promise. You get to shave a random part of my hair off if I laugh."

Tsukasa frowned. "I- huh?! Why would I do that?!"

"Because I laughed."

Tsukasa narrowed his eyes.

He stared deep into Rui's soul.

"..Fine."

Rui grinned nervously as the two boys locked pinkies. Usually, Tsukasa would propose something else instead of agreeing with something like that. Unless Tsukasa wanted to shave Rui's hair off?

Tsukasa sighed, folding his arms as he leaned against the wall. "Okay. Here's the 100% authentic truth, Rui..!"

"I was playing piano and I missed a note, so I got mad and I kicked the piano and I broke my foot bone."

Huh?

And suddenly, Rui snorted.

It was funny for a moment before he paled and realized that his hair would now have to go.

————

Coming to school with a bald spot in the middle of your head in the shape of a star was not very fun, Rui Kamishiro realized.

What a silly little jester, Tsukasa Tenma is.

————