[DAY ONE] Is This a Birdie or a Devil?

DAY ONE: Summer Festival/ Mythology/ Soulmates
PROMPT USED: Soulmates
SUMMARY: When Tsukasa goes to the rooftop at lunch to meet Rui, he's surprised to see the boy struggling to fight off a goose.
That goose follows him home.
To the wonder stage.
And that goose is literally everywhere.

————

It had been a minute or two since the lunch bell rang. Just like always, Rui and Tsukasa were to meet up at the rooftop- and although Tsukasa was usually the first one there, it could be interchangeable depending on if Rui even attended class that day.

Tsukasa climbed the stairs to the rooftop, (which honestly was such a workout, even for a stamina- filled star like him) humming as he gently swung his bag back and forth as he ascended further up the flight of stairs. As he got closer, however, a faint noise echoed across the staircase that caught his attention.

HONK!

Tsukasa paused. He furrowed his brows, looking around in confusion. What was that? What made that noise??

The first thought that came to Tsukasa's mind immediately struck him with horror.

Was it a goose?

Now, why was little old Tsukasa Tenma horrified by the thought of a goose being on school grounds? No, it's not because there's a wild animal on school grounds. It's because said animal is a goose.

And geese hate Tsukasa. Seriously. Even when he's doing absolutely NOTHING to them- completely minding his own business, a goose, or MULTIPLE geese, will walk up to him and start nipping at his ankles. Either that or they just straight up attack him and start chasing him.

Tsukasa hates geese back.

Which is why, when Tsukasa heard that terrifying honk, his first instinct was to run.

Run where?

To Rui. On the rooftop. Who was still waiting for him.

So Tsukasa gathered up all his stamina and started sprinting up the stairs like they were about to collapse. When Tsukasa finally reached the door leading to the rooftop, he stopped running and took a moment to breathe.

Those stairs. Were really, really long.

Tsukasa panted, one hand resting on his knee while the other reached for the doorknob. However, he once again, stopped in his tracks and paused when he heard more noises coming from behind the door.

"Hey, just calm down- wait no don't do that STOP IT- no- get OFF- JESUS CHRIST!!!"

HONK! HONK!

Tsukasa's jaw dropped.

Was.. Was Rui being attacked by a goose?!

Well, it was one thing to attack Tsukasa, but you do NOT hurt his friends!!

Tsukasa took a deep breath, in and out. He would not allow Rui to suffer alone and fight off that goose by himself! What kind of heroic star would Tsukasa be if he couldn't help Rui fend off a wild and unnecessarily aggressive and violent bird?!

And so, Tsukasa narrowed his eyes and turned the doorknob, swinging the door open with such force that the door slammed against the wall beside it. He took a step forward, wasting no time in assessing the situation.

Rui was on the floor, holding his bag up to act as a shield against a large white goose with a yellow beak, said beak aggressively pecking at the leather bag.

"TSUKASA!!" Rui called out. He turned towards the blond, a big, shaky yet relieved grin on his face. "HELP ME!! PLEASE!"

Tsukasa threw his bag on the ground. If he had to fight the goose, then so be it! But no goose, or any living being, has the right to hurt his friends! "Got it!"