037.

The drive to the rave was almost as short as Rachel's temper.

Especially seeing as how she, Erica & Isaac had been thrown from the Camaro a block away (she still had yet to understand why Boyd was allowed to stay). With Derek anticipating an appearance from the Argents, he didn't want to risk the three of them getting caught in the crossfire, when they were needed inside the building. Nonetheless, they'd walked the rest of the way, entering through the main doors along with the normal people.

Which included waiting in an outrageously long line, just to trade a 75$ ticket for a dumb little glow stick bracelet, and a dirty look from the door guard (which ironically only seemed to be focused on Rachel. She'd assumed it was due to her lack of enthusiasm). Following that, they'd been directed down a short hallway & straight out to the dance floor.

Isaac had been the first to wander off, muttering something about a scent & Scott, leaving Erica & Rachel standing together awkwardly. Despite the stench of alcohol & sweat, combined with the outrageously loud music, no headache could distract either of them from how much they hated each other; and if it weren't for the large crowd of mildly intoxicated partygoers, they'd likely be fighting (correction: Rachel would be making an array of dog jokes, while holding off Erica's attempts to rip her throat out).

But before any of that could occur, Erica pushed past Rachel, her eyes locked on their target of interest for the night. The reflector was half tempted to claw her on the way by, but as she caught the familiar scent of her second least favourite teenager, she knew better than to pick a fight at a time like this. They had a solid plan to end the Kanima's murdering streak; and nothing was going to jeopardize that.

Rachel spun around, unable to suppress the scoff that escaped her lips as her eyes locked on Erica, grinding against Jackson. She couldn't say she was shocked by the teen wolf's approach, (especially after how the blonde had gone about getting the tickets to the rave) although she was a little surprised when she caught sight of Isaac joining them. Rachel had assumed his overconfidence act to be exactly that; an act.

But clearly, judging by the way he started grinding on Erica like they were in some type of stripper movie, Rachel had been wrong, and though she wouldn't admit it; she was slightly agitated. Partly because she hated being wrong, and partly because- well, she didn't even allow her brain to fully consider that option; because to Rachel, it wasn't one. Instead, she chose to focus on the most obvious reason. How did having an orgy on the dance floor assist in the plan of taking down Jackson? Scott was supposed to be the one with the ketamine to sedate the homicidal lizard, and he was nowhere in sight.

Rachel huffed in annoyance, spinning on her heels & walking in the opposite direction, straight towards what she assumed to be the backdoor exit they were instructed to use when the party was over. If she was lucky, maybe she'd manage to catch Stiles in the midst of his part of the plan ("the most important part" as said by Deaton, although Rachel disagreed, seeing as how any human or emissary could make a circle of mountain ash).

The brunette pushed through the back door, breathing in the cool night air in a split second of serenity before the sound of distant gunshots filled her ears. She should've known better than to think she could attend a party without it ending in a gun fight. A groan sounded in the back of her throat as she instinctively rolled her eyes, gripping the metal railing in front of her.

Just seconds before she could jump, she took notice of the vaguely familiar black dust lining the ground below her. Her eyes followed the line, over to Stiles; who was in the process of still pouring it. Continuing along with her previous agenda, Rachel proceeded to jump the railing, instead off to the side to avoid the mountain ash barrier (she wouldn't admit it, but she was slightly scared to jump over it, even though the circle had yet to be completed).