𝐍𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 𝐃𝐚𝐲 '𝐓𝐢𝐥 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭

Annalise POV:

'Coffee, Coffee, I need Coffee' that's all that goes through my head as I try to finish my last report on my last patient that is going to be released. I sign release forms and give it to one of the interns that's standing right next to me. "Alright. Can you please take this to the patient in room 221?" I say. The intern nods and gets the paper and walks away. I sigh and run my hands through my hair then tying it back into a ponytail. I turn around, get the papers on the desk and head to my office. 

Once I get to my office I place the papers down on my desk and walk out. I take my phone out and text the group chat I have with some of the interns and other surgeons.

.

.

.

.

.

Sleep Deprived Doctors 💅

Annalise: Hey guys, I'm going on break. Does anyone want me to bring some coffee?

Lorelei: Yes please!!!

Marcus: This is why you're my favorite. Please do.

Isabelle: I'm on break too. I'll go with you if you need help :)

Annalise: Thank you Isa :)

Isabelle liked the message.

Annalise: Anyone else?

Eric: I'm with the rest of the people. They say yes please. And I'll send you their orders.

Annalise: Okay. Thank you Eric. Isa, meet me outside please.

.

.

.

.

I turned off my phone and put it in my pocket and went outside of the hospital. I turn around to look at  the hospital. I walk backwards a bit and stop. I take my phone out of my pocket and open it up seeing Isa giving me a thumbs up. I wait a couple of seconds until I see her running up to me. "Hey Lise!" Isa says. "Hi Isa, are you ready?" I ask. She nods and we walk away to my truck.

Character Introduction:

Isabelle; Isa, she is one of my favorite residents. She is half way through her course then she becomes an attending. She also wants to be a Cardiothoracic like me. So, she is usually with me unless her mentor tells her to go do something else. Which is never the problem. She has medium length brown hair with highlights and is always jumping up and down. She has hazel eye color.

Once we got to StarBucks, Isa and I continued our conversation from the truck. "Oh hey, you brought your truck today! Did something happen to your 'baby'?" She says walking backwards to look at me. My 'baby' is my Lamborghini . "Yea she's ok. I just had to bring the truck because I have to take some people home today. "Ooh ok!" She says. Isa opens the door and now is by my side. We then make it to the line and now she's in front of me. "Who are you dropping off if you don't mind me asking?" Isa asks, rubbing the back of her head. "Mainly just some of the people in our group. Like Eric, Marcus, Mia and Lorelei of course." I say making her nod.

She then looks at me like she has an idea. "Wait! I have an idea! What if we hang out tonight? I don't have a night shift tonight!" She says excitedly, jumping up and down. I smile and nod "Yes, let's just ask the group-chat if everyone is free. I can also give you a ride, I saw your boyfriend dropping you off today and I have one more seat available.." I stated. Isa was already hooked with happiness on the first part I said, but offering her a ride to hang out and go home just made her the happiest camper. She grabs my arms and she turns us sideways still being in front of me. "Really??" She exclaims. I laugh and was about to say yes until someone bumps into her, dropping their coffee on her scrubs and coat. 

Isabelles quickly turned to the side and apologized to the man. I quickly got some napkins to attempt to take the coffee off her coat. "Are you ok Isa?" I questioned. She opened her mouth to answer until the man who bumped into her rudely interrupts. "You should be asking me if I'm ok! Not her! She was the one who bumped into me! Ugh. My shoes are ruined now and these were my favorite pair."

'Are. You. Kidding. Me.'

"I'm sorry, but in actually, you were on your phone when you clearly bumped into her. So, in fact, you need to look at where you are going...sir." I stated. I gave the napkins to Isa and helped her take some of the mess off. The man in the back looked furious. Then all of a sudden a man who looks like he just came from the men in black comes up to the jerk like if a kid fell and a mom coming to his rescue. "Sir! Are you alright? C'mon let's go. I'll get you another coffee!" He then leads him out the way into his car.

Once the man gets in the car, it's our time to order. We ordered all the drinks and I was about to pay until a man came up from behind me giving his card to the cashier. "Can you also add a Grande cappuccino with 2 shots of espresso please?" I looked at him with a shocked look then I realize is the Men In Black guy. He looks at us and says "I'm sorry for my boss.. He doesn't really act this way, I'll pay for your drinks as a gift of my apology." He says grabbing his drink then leaving. We stand there clueless looking at each other then grabbing our drinks then heading back.

.

.

.

.

Once we arrive at the hospital we try to give the coffees to their owners. After all the chaos my break ended, I took a sip of my coffee and went to work. I checked up on some of my patients and looked at my favorite place; the surgery board. 'I have a surgery with Mr. Omell in 2 hours.' I thought to myself. 'I should probably check on him and on how he is doing. And plus, he was my next patient to check-' "Hey." I turn to my side and see Eric, "Oh hey Eric. What's up?" I asked. "Oh I was wondering if I can scrub in on your surgery?" He asks, smiling brightly. I couldn't say no to him... So of course I said yes.

Character Introduction:

Eric. He is one of the interns here in the hospital. He's actually one of my cousins on my moms side. So, we are really close. He wants to be an orthopedic surgeon like his dad.  Eric and I practically grew up together whenever my dad wasn't home, which was all the time. Even though he's younger than me by a few years, he's still great. People say he looks mean and rude, but once you get to know him he's like a teddy bear. He has short jet black hair and has brown eyes. Eric and I are around the same height, but I am a little taller than him.

Two hours passed in a snap. I'm in the O.R and getting ready to do his surgery. Mr. Omell is 50, when he was at his doctors a few weeks ago they found out that he has a tumor on his heart from all his symptoms and the tests they've run. They found it really early, so all I have to do is just take it out and hope there aren't any complications.

The surgery was a success! The tumor wasn't putting any weight on the heart or didn't make the heart depend on the tumor. I am officially off for the day. I change out of my scrubs and change into my clothes. I got outside of the hospital seeing the whole group waiting for me. "Let's get this started!!!" Isa says. I laugh and quickly make my way up to them excited for the night ahead of me.
___________________

That's it for the first chapter! I hope you guys like it! I don't really know a lot about the medical field so, if I name anything wrong about it I apologize😅 .