Chapter 9

The Escape

"Did you make all these things yourself?" Damica asked, an amused and amazed chuckled slipping through.
"Most of them, others Mira helped me with." Quasimodo told her as Esmeraldo touched the glass chandelier with a smile, causing it to cling together.
"This is beautiful." Esmeraldo mumbled, slipping down to look at the miniature village.
"If we could do this, you wouldn't find us dancing in the streets for coins." Esmeraldo said, Damica and him smirking at each other.

Mira and Quasimodo looked at him surprised. "But you two are wonderful dancers." Quasimodo told them, unintentionally complimenting them.
Esmeraldo stands back up as Damica looks at Quasi "Well it keeps bread on the table, anyway."
She told them.
"Still at least you're doing something you enjoy for a living, even though the guards are t very welcoming of it." Mira told them as she walked up to Esmeraldo, "Besides, I quite enjoy your dances." She winked, causing Esmeraldo to blush red.

"What's this?" Damica questions, gesturing to the thing that was covered with a cloth.
"Oh! No, please! I-i-i'm not finished." Quasimodo rushes out, about to stop her but she lifts the cloth to reveal two wooden figures.
"I still have to paint them."

"It's the blacksmith and the baker!" Damica laughs in surprise.
Djali looks down at the wooden sheep, before taking one in his mouth and eating it, causing Esmeraldo and Mira to glare at him.
Djali looks at them sheepishly, Bandit coming out of Mira's floofy hair and lands on Djali, smacking him in the head.

"You're a surprising person, Quasimodo." Damica whispers softly, putting down the wooden figure of the blacksmith and leans against the table. "Not to mention lucky. All this room to yourself."
Quasimodo softly chuckles at this.
"Well, it's not just me. There's the gargoyles, Mira, and, of course, the Bells." Quasi gestured to Mira and the bells, smiling awkwardly.
Mira smiles softly, before gasping in surprise when a hand grabs a hold of hers.

She looks over to see Esmeraldo smirking at her causing her to raise an eyebrow at him. He gestures to the two making her look back at them.
"Would you like to see them?"
Quasi asked her, making Mira smile In realization.
"Yes, of course. Wouldn't me, guys?"
Damica asked, looking back at the four of them.

Esmeraldo and Mira nod, looking over at the two animals before shaking their heads in disappointment.
Djali had eaten the rest of the sheep and was currently eating the Shepard while Bandit slept on his back.

"Follow me," Quasi instructed, going up a couple of stairs.
"I'll introduce you two."
The three followed after him as he jumped excitedly.
They reach the floor of the bells and look around in shock.
"I never knew there were so many." Esmeraldo commented, causing Mira to giggle.

"That's little sophia."
He swings to another bell.
"And Jeane-marie, Anne Marie, Louide-marie. Triplets you know." He explains as he swings from bell to bell.

Damica and Esmeraldo walk up to a big bell, Mira sitting back and watching as the two explore.
"And who's this?"

"Big Marie."
Damica and Esmeraldo go under the bell to look at the inside of it.
"Hello!" Damica yelled, causing it to Resonate through the bell.
Quasi pops up "She likes you. Would you like to see more?" He questions as they get out of the bell, Mira walking up to them.

"How about it, Djali?" Esmeraldo asks, looking over at the goat.
Djali belches, causing it to Resonate in the bell, frightening Djali.
"We'd love to."

"Good. I saved the best for last."
Quasi says, climbing up a ladder to the roof. The three follow them, Esmeraldo and Damica in curiosity while Mira knew what Quasimodo was talking about.
They finally reach the roof, Quasi climbing onto the edge and motioning them over to reveal a beautiful view of the sunset, the river sparkling with colors.
Mira leans against the ledge, her body relaxing.
"Isn't it beautiful." She tells them, catching Esmeraldo's attention.
"Not as beautiful as you." He flirts.