Chapter 13- Trust Time

I woke up at 6:30 by an annoying alarm and took 3 hours getting ready. My hands naturally kept playing with my hair; tying it up in a ponytail, twintails, braids, bun, side ponytail, half ponytail... Only to leave it down at the end. My floor and bed ended up getting covered by clothes, leaving my closet bare. 

Should I wear a dress? But it's an amusement park! Drama! I need a reference. That scene where the couple goes to an amusement! Manga! Anime! Anything! I need something that will look good with my hair down. Shorts would be more comfortable. Would a tank top be showing too much skin? Maybe something more flowy? Shoes! What about shoes?! (Throws more clothes behind me)... These frivolous thoughts occupied my head the whole morning. 

In the end, I just wore a  purple flowy blouse over a spaghetti strap and short jeans that end just above my fingertips. The shoes I wore were grey converse. This should be fine.

It was 10:28, when I arrived at the train station and Karma was already there leaning against a wall. He was playing games on his phone, while waiting. A bit timidly, I greeted, "Hey. You're here early." My fingers kept tugging at my hair and clothes. Karma looked at me, and gave me a quick study. 

"Not really~," he responded tepidly. "I came here like a minute ago." He had on a casual collared shirt and dark pants... It was strange seeing him out of his school uniform. Karma moved off the wall. "Let's go." As we headed towards the train, he took a quick glance at me. 

"What?" I asked nervously.

"Nothing. I'm just not used to seeing you without your school uniform," he said while entering the train. 

"Same," I agreed absentmindedly. "Do I look weird?" My cheeks started to heat up as I averted my eyes. 

Karma leaned in with a mischievous grin and said one simple word, "Yes." I froze in place, unsure of what to think. He messed with my hair and snickered. "Relax. Don't be so nervous." 

I patted my hair back in place, but not as meticulously as before. "Yeah..." 

Karma smiled, "You look cute."

At the amusement, I had no idea what to do. I was completely lost, even though the map was right there in front of me. What's wrong with me?! Just pick a ride to go on already!!! Suddenly, Karma placed his hand on my shoulder, causing me to jump a bit. "Let's go on this roller coaster first," Karma said, while pointing at the screaming passengers rushing by over our heads.  

"Sure," I complied, relieved that he picked a ride. With his hand on my shoulder like that, it makes us look like we're a normal couple. Once I got on the ride, I stared curiously at the floorless bottom beneath my feet. 

"Scared?" Karma asked in a taunting tone. 

"No," I responded honestly. "Actually this is my first time on a roller coaster. Have you ever been on one?" The ride started to escalate slowly up the tracks. 

"Well, compared to Koro-sensei. Roller coasters are probably as fun as a riding a train." We were at the peak, when the ride plummeted down the 32 meter drop. At first, I grimaced at the wind pounding against my face. Then I looked at Karma and laughed. Everyone else is screaming and here he is, smiling peacefully as if he was watching a movie. After the ride was over, we went on all the roller coasters in the area. I even bought some of the pictures of the rides we went on. One was him just smiling and me laughing at him. Another had Karma yawning and me looking at him funny. There was also one where both of us were sticking our tongues out for the camera, while everyone else behind us looked like they were going to die.