Half a Century, in a Week

It wasn't long before she made it to shore, and the first thing she realized was...well, the place was far more modern than what she remembered this world being. Sure, it still looked a little dated, but the advancements were obvious, especially by the Televisions on display.

'That's at least the late 70's type of thing, so what year exactly is it?' She continued down the streets, having "bought" a pair of long gloves that hid her metal arms from sight to draw less attention to herself.

Again, not too helpful, but it's something that can make moving around a little easier.

"Now if I were Joseph, where would I go once getting somewhere new..."

...

She stopped in her tracks, immediately knowing what. 'A restaurant. The boy was a ravenous glutton, let's hope he still is.'

Firstly, she travelled through the more local places with stalls selling fish and shellfish foods, some of which she actually saw to be appetizing, but not affordable since she didn't have any HKD on her. Continuing down, she didn't notice any man that looked like Joseph anywhere, but she should expect a different look if the time skip is anywhere as drastic as she believes.

Roughly half an hour passed, and there was no sight of Joseph in this part of town, she was about to continue in on actual restaurants, but then she remembered something. She smiled, remembering the TV's broadcast showing a downed plane, and the helicopters coming out to rescue them were bought by Hong Kong Officials from a specific company.

'The Speedwagon Foundation...' Immediately, she went in search of a pay phone, and there was quite the number of them. 'That narrows the time down...must be somewhere in the 80's or 90's...'

Entering the booth, she fished out a coin she found laying on the street, no one batted an eye considering she looked like a kid, making looting easy. Putting the amount needed in, she put in the number she was given by Robert that week ago...week...

She blinked, then looked around at the city once more. "That...didn't sink in for a while...holy shit..."

A few more second of staring later, she finally collected herself, opting to save the time realization for later as she dialed in the number, hoping it was still accurate to the one a few decades ago. The dull tone droned on for a while, but she was patient.

...

...

...

...

...

"Hello, you have reached the Speedwagon Foundation's Investor line. I'm Omari, how may I help you?"

"Hello Omari, I have a question to ask."

"What is that Miss?"

"I've heard there's special codes that can be told to this foundation. Is that correct?"

"Why yes it is! Certain families and other larger corporations have sub-branches dedicated to them that assist in most needs that are ordered in codes set by the benefactor. Do you have one Miss?"

"I do, code Z73."

There was a few taps of a keyboard on the other end of the phone, before it went silent for a while. "Hello? Omari?"

"...I'm sorry, you said Z73 correct?"

"Yep."

"...Ma'am, let me be the first to welcome you back to our world. Mr. Speedwagon left careful instructions for us incase we heard of your return."