Unto the Future

I'm Here
—————

"When one views the Stars long enough, they believe to see pictures etched into the Cosmos."
—————

A blur sped through the desert, leaping over rocks and holes that were in it's way. Coming to a stop soon after, it looked down to a group of five men, all of which were looking up to it.

They gave the figure a smile, one that was reflected on it's face.
—————

"One may observe the Little Dipper or it's larger brother, others may spot Orion, or even the formations of the Zodiacs. All eyes may see something different in the Stars that paint the sky."
—————

Cannons fired upon the shoreline, large monsters of flesh and steam falling by the dozens from the barrages. On said ships, soon, one would weave in and out from each vessel, cutting down and destroying the weapons upon them.

It slid to a stop after reaching one final ship, a blade to it's side that was soon sheathed into it's respective Saya. The figure stood tall, looking to shore where another set of eyes met theirs, a gaze that spoke more than any word could.
—————

"However...some see much more than just the form of the countless stars. Some see the ebb between, the way they connect, the way they speak, it all depends on how one can perceive it."
—————

Through a portal, it's eyes roamed the large area that was once oh so small and decrepit. Many turned to them, eyes growing in awe and glee at the mere sight of it.

One specifically threw their arms around them, having missed it's presence. So many new eyes and so many new minds...it was welcoming.
—————

"Such eyes are rare, but they are the ones who strive to see the greatest change imaginable. To shape the world, the very fabric of the universe, to create a grander future, be it in their image, or in others."
—————

A rainbow of colors soon took it's grasp on the figure, some cries even coming from the rainbow after not having seen it in forever. The world was lush, but there was certainly a darkness still looming, one that has yet to be snuffed out.

Looking to the bleak horizon, it stepped away from the colors, continuing on as the rainbow followed behind.
—————

"Yet, at the end of the day, things will always regress back to what they had before. The stars will fade away from the brightness of the City, the lights dotting the endless black becoming nothing but a distant blanket they can never grasp."

...

"Yet...some continue on nonetheless, and those are the individuals that are forever remembered. Very soon, such individuals will make their marks yet again on the Multiversal scale."

The light shined through from the reflected moonlight, illuminating the white and red markings of their body. Crimson draconian eyes opened, Fool herself telling this story.

She stood from her throne, slowly making her way towards the window the light came from. "They have stolen away something valuable, someone valuable, and I will take her back...but for now, I have little clue on where or how they will act. All I can do is wait...that's where you four come in."

She turned towards the door, seeing four individuals standing there facing her. All four were her elder sisters, all Origin Arbiters like herself.

"I'm sure you understand why we must do this? They took our eldest, they stole away Magician from us."

They all had different reactions, one scoffing, one staying still and resolute, much like a soldier, another smiling, and the last sharpening her already violent glare. Fool waved her hand off towards the door, the signal for them to dismiss themselves given clearly, which they promptly followed.

Alone again, the Dragon looked back out the window, up towards the Moon. "...I can feel it."

...

"This journey, this tale, this adventure...it's closing. Either them or I, whichever falls first, marks it's end."

Her wings spread wide, gently glowing in the light of the Moon. She floated slowly off the ground, her tail dragging along as she went up.

"Now...how will you all fare?"
—————

The sands of time are against you...

A figure jumped away from an attack, red eyes baring into it's own pair. The world fell to a standstill around, as the one in the dust sprang forward, hand outstretched towards it's face...
—————

The world will struggle to keep up...

All around, the world's colors reversed themselves, and everything appeared to move in reverse, stretching farther and farther away, yet still remaining so close...

Blade struck blade, rapier to katana, a battle to the death of which none could count. Not even a blink will be short enough.

Again, they cross...
—————

Your mind will fail to comprehend...

Spinning, turning, crushing, burning.

Nothing beyond, nothing within. Is this truly all that remained?

A hand fell onto it's shoulder, the focus needed to stand coming too. Facing the mind it sought to leave, a scream of fire and lightning to destroy what once was lost.

Cracking the conscious, only one left...
—————

Even then, old grudges will always worm their way in...

A swipe to thin air, narrowly missing something vital. A figure jumped back as the one ahead pressed the advantage, insatiable bloodlust in their eyes.

The world around lit up in flames, the very ground melting underfoot as the world felt like it was ending. Roars of anger and rage came from within, as one sought vengeance for all that had happened.

Perhaps, they will get their wish in the end...
—————

"So much to see, so much to lose. How will you all handle it?" Fool looked to the city below, a smile on her face at all the life present below.

"Surely, you'll find ways to win?"

...

From outside the Throne room, another figure was leaning on the massive door, listening into her monologue. They hummed, taking the Cigar in their mouth between two fingers.

"Maybe they will..." They stood from the door, heading down the Halls while smoking their Cigar, no care in the world.

"Hell, they were the first in a while to meet you, it'll be no long shot to say they won't again." She soon finished with the Cigar, crushing the rest in hand and tossing it. "Which means, I should get prepped."

A smile came to the unknown person's face, as she pulled the Shades on her head down to cover her eyes. "Little sis, you have a hell of a show to watch with them, best enjoy it while you can..."

Going on, they soon vanished down a hall, leaving the place barren and empty once more. The moonlight shined beautifully into it, innocent of the horrors that have plagued these halls before.

Not many may know of them, but those that do will forever recall. One day, those horrors will show again, and on that day...

The very ground we step on may fade to dust.