Time for Round Two

Footsteps gently echoed through the room as a Siren set a Black Wisdom cube on a table, her eyes soon drawn to the door as another walked through. Her long purple hair faded into blue, and simply by her outfit, it was clear to tell who she was.

"Depurator..." the Siren stood from her chair, taking a single step before Depurator aimed her hand at her, a pink laser soon forming on her fingertips. "H-Hold on! I'm not with her!"

The glow only continued to rise, the Siren noticing the tears falling down her cheeks even as she threatened to end her life. She swallowed the fear in her chest, stepping towards her before pulling her hand into her own, gently squeezing it.

"I'm not with her...Fool went way too far." She continued holding her hand, gently rubbing Depurator's knuckles as the laser slowly dimmed down, the energy fading away.

"...They're gone..." Depurator's tears piled up even more, as the girl who confronted her, the acquaintance Origin Arbiter Star, pulled her into a hug. "T-They're all..."

"I know...I saw it all..."

Depurator slowly returned the hug, burying her face into Star's shoulder before screaming. All the grief and sorrow poured out in that one scream, echoing through the empty room and halls.

Star only comforted her, making sure she felt something nice after the horrors that she just went through. The black cube on the gable lightly shined, taking Star's attention as it slowly floated upwards.

"Depurator."

The new Arbiter heard her name, and after a few seconds, looked up from Star's shoulder and at the cube. "In slew of all that has happened...I'm terribly sorry."

...

"I know I am unable to correct it as I am now, but please, we don't have much time before things could get even worse. Take me, and put me with your cube, like we have last time."

"...Why?"

"Because she screwed up, that's why." Magician's cube floated over to her, hovering at roughly eye level. "In her mad quest to find change, she has gone entirely insane! She has been searching for countless years, trying to find someone who can kill her and take her place to commit such things, and now...now she made sure you would want your revenge."

"Then...why help me?"

The cube fell silent, Depurator's face slowly twisting back into rage. "Dammit, why?! Why does this have to happen to me?! Why did everyone have to die?! Answer me!"

"I don't know! Fool is...unpredictable, as she desires that one goal so much that she would throw everything away for it! I...I don't even see the woman I grew up with anymore in her."

Star looked down, clearly distraught about it too. "She's not been the same since she found you...she's been obsessive, deranged even, on trying to get you and your friends to be as strong as possible. She...even if it's working towards her plan, she needs to be stopped."

"Even when you two are her sisters?"

...

Star eventually nodded, releasing the hug and sitting down on the nearby chair. "I saw everything happen, and...the woman I knew as my sister isn't even in there anymore. She never stooped this low before, so...maliciously low."

"That's why I'm helping you Depurator." Magician's cube floated down again, landing on the table. "Fool wanted this for so long, and now, she's finally getting it. She wants someone to usurp her so badly, so I'll help make that happen to end this madness."