I

So here I was. My mom dragged me out of the hotel cafe to explore Los Angeles, because that's apparently what we're here for. Reading all day on the terrace was something I could apparently do when we're home, but since she and dad decided to do something without me (they thought I would love to spend my time alone in LA so I could make friends) I had to go on my own. Don't get me wrong Los Angeles was probably really cool, but walking around in that heath was too much exercising for me.

That is why found myself totally exhausted at 8 pm in a little, not crowded cafe almost falling asleep. I visited the typical tourist attractions in Hollywood today like the walk of fame, which was a really long walk, the universal studios, the Graham Chinese Theater and many more.

"Hello, Miss, have you decided what you want to drink or eat yet?", a server approached me and smiled nicely. There was no way in denying that his features were really handsome, he looked like a CK model on posters. That was probably the reason the reason he was here in Hollywood, LA, the dream factory. If you ask me in the most cases it was a nightmare factory, everyone thinks they're that one in million others when truth is everybody is too afraid to tell them that they can't sing or whatever they apparently can (not).

"Yes, I'd like a Pepsi, please", he nodded shortly and made his way back to the other waiters.

There were only 4 people, including me, in the cafe and 3 waiters, were they really necessary? Two middle aged men sat in the back corner of the cafe, a laptop in front each of them. The cappuccinos in front of them were not even touched, which led to the guess the place where they worked has closed by now and they needed a place to work.

Not so far away of me sat an old lady, who was drinking green tea and reading a book. Call it stereotype, but her whole outer appearance screamed "Nice to meet you, I am British". She was wearing an rose dress and her gray hair was styled to perfection under her hat.

"Here you go", the waiter whose name tag introduced him as Marc said and put the Pepsi in front of me, "If you need something don't hesitate to call for me".

"Thank you very much", I smiled at him and leaned back, taking in the silence in the cafe after Marc left again. I was thankful to have found a place where I was able to hide from the business that reigned the streets of LA. I took out my copy of The fault in our stars and started to get lost in the love story of Hazel and Augustus.

Suddenly the door opened and a group of young men came in, all of them wearing caps and almost their whole outfit was black, weren't they dying under all that clothes? I was only wearing a shorts and a light top and still sweating as if I was wearing thick jacket.

A waitress went immediately to the table of the guys and asked them what they wanted and it was obvious that she wanted to hear "You". How desperate can someone possibly be that she was throwing herself at some random guys?

After good 10 minutes the boys was already getting on my nerves, I was not able to focus on my book. They were laughing too loud because of dumb jokes, were rude to the waiter who helped the waitress, whose bum was constantly grabbed by two of them. The disgusting thing was that she liked it. Even the two buisness men got up after five minutes and left, looking pretty angry.

"Is everything alright? Do you want something else?", Marc asked me and nodded to my empty glass.

"Yeah for me another Pepsi and I'll have some fries with a salad please", I ordered. I just read how Gus and Hazel were in Amsterdam out for dinner, when I noticed that I was hungry as well. When I wanted to ask where the restrooms were one guy of the group started making pig noises, "And can you bring these guys over there a good cup of shut the f ck up?"

Mark grinned: "Sorry, we're out of that, but I'll see what I can do."