GOODBYE

Murtasim couldn't believe his luck, he silently thanked both his stars and his scheming mother. He and Meerub had spent the night talking until wee hours of the morning. Trying to steal as much time as they could.

They had reluctantly let go of each other only when they absolutely had to, said their goodbyes and he had prepared his heart for the torment this short separation would cause.

Only for his mother to practically demand that he drive Meerab back to Karachi.

He agreed without much protest citing the excuse that he anyways needed to get some work done in Karachi.

Now he was waiting for her to finish her goodbyes so they could leave. Another three hours with her a blessing he was grateful for. Any time he could get with her before marriage was a luxury, a gift he would never be foolish enough to regret.

As she came dressed in a summery yellow anarkali he couldn't help but admire her she reminded him of the sun warm, nurturing and Full of fire. He found her particularly pretty but then when did he not. He had seen her in all sorts of attire ranging from western to kurtis to heavy lehengas, he found her beautiful in all but when she deliberately choose a colour or silhouette he liked she felt like his. As much as Meerab denied dressing for anyone but herself Murtasim was aware that over the years at least few additions in her wardrobe were for his benefit more than hers. Only now the number seemed to have increased substantially.

She walked towards him and almost tripped over her own feet Murtasim instinctively reached to stabilize her by holding her wrist.

"Why are you always falling around Meerab?"

"Humesha nahi bas tumhare aas pass he yeh sab hota hai " she replied a little frustrated.

"Aur vo kis Khushi mein?."

"Kyuki mujhe pata hai hai ke tum mujhe sambhal loge."

"Itna bharosa hai Mujpar"

She choose not to answer knowing that he was already aware of it "Ab chalo bhi hume nikalna chahiye"

"So eager to be away from me" he pouted a little and Meerab let out a small breathy laugh.

"Yes because the next time I come to you it would be for forever."

Her words did nothing but increase his yearning for her constant presence in his life his patience was at an all time low and he hoped it was enough to last till they got married.

He guided her towards the car and opened the door for her like a true gentleman and they soon drove off.

Meerab choose to adjust her seat trying to find a more comfortable position while he set the A.C at the temperature he knew she preferred.

This time their dynamic seemed opposite to the one of last night, yesterday they couldn't stop talking now they both choose to remain silent. He had thought they would spend all their time talking like last night but the silence was comforting as well. He was content with her presence. They didn't need constant gratification to enjoy each other's company. The silence between them was golden, a warm comforting blanket that enveloped them and he came to another important realisation in that moment. Something must have shown in his expression because Meerab choose to break the silence.

"Suddenly kya soch rahe ho?" She questioned.

"Ek baat jo humesha pata thi bas abhi samaj mein aayi" a smile in his voice, his voice sure.

"Kya?" Now she was curious.

He stopped the car and turned to look at her " yahi ke meri zindagi mein tum ho toh sab hai, tumse sab hai." He said his confession earnest, like it was some undeniable universal truth.

It wasn't usual for somebody like Meerab to be at a loss of words but he seemed to have achieved it. Her quietness didn't offend him he was already aware of the storm that his words caused in her heart.

"Ghar aa gaya Meerab" he spoke breaking her trance like state.

"Tum ander nahi aaoge?." Her voice hopeful maybe he could stay a little so she would get to see him a little longer.

"Tumhare saath ander aaya toh Bina tumhare bahar nahi ja paunga." his tone a little lost.

He didn't need to say anything else she understood and choose to get out of the car but not before gently kissing his cheek his rough beard a contrast to her soft lips.

He reciprocated by placing a kiss on her forehead.

His heart constricted as he let her go and watched her disappear inside her house. It felt as if he was leaving a part of himself here. Two more months and then he wouldn't ever have to feel this way again, no more holding back and no more having to let go he thought determinedly before driving off into the night.

______________________________________

This was the last part of this OS series. Thank you everyone for your votes and comments. I hope reading my work was worth your time.