Chapter 2

[Grian's POV]

You wake up with a headache and extremely bad stomach pain. You look up at the surroundings and immediately realise you're not in Sam's room... no, you're in a completely different place.

The lights are bright enough to clearly see the whole room, but dim enough to not irritate your eyes. The room was extremely spacious, the walls were white with a big wardrobe against it, there was a bed that was neatly lined with sheets and on top laid a (also) neatly folded blanket and big, white and fluffy pillows.

Suddenly, you feel something brush against your back, you turn to your right and see a girl, probably just a few years older than you (but really really tall lol), with dark, brunette hair that seemed to perfectly lay on her shoulders and upper back, wearing a long sleeved white shirt, long black leggings, and white socks. Behind her were two thin but big and white wings emerging from either side of her back, one of them wrapped around you.

The other wing wrapped around another woman with light brown hair and two lilac-lavender coloured, moon-shaped hair clips holding back long luscious bangs, she was wearing a black/navy blue hoodie over a white T-shirt and long blue leggings.

Turning to your left, you see what is most likely an elf hybrid with similar hair colour and bangs, he was dressed in a long lime robe with yellow printed floral designs on it, with long shiny earrings dangling from each of his pointy ears, comfortably wrapped up in a blanket.

Huddled in the blanket with him was a suited man with messy and short black hair and a black moustache.

You were quite happy that you were away from Sam, but at the same time, you'd never liked being around people, and the intense trauma, anxiety and claustrophobia didn't help in the slightest.

You slowly and cautiously moved the pearly white wing away from you, slowly standing up hoping not to awake anyone in the room, unfortunately (but kind of fortunately), the young girl whose wings were wrapped around you woke up, upon opening her eyes and seeing you, she just stared in seemingly, shock, at you.

You jumped slightly at the sudden awakening of the girl and wanted to try to make a run for it, but the girl stood up and whispered, "Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you or anything along those lines, alright?"

"A-alr-right..." you managed to stutter out, you didn't trust this person one bit, but you didn't really have any other choice.

"Can you follow me? I promise I'll answer any questions you have." she said,

"O-ok..." you replied, your body slightly starting to shake.

She carefully opened the door and you left the room, she sat you on a grey couch before walking off to another room, it was then you realised that your headache and stomach pain had disappeared.

Just a few minutes later, she returned with a glass of water and a plate of waffles generously garnished with fruits. You blankly stared at her as she sat down beside you and set the glass and plate on the glass table in front of you. "Here, you look really pale, you should eat and drink something." she said, touching your shoulder before walking off again.

Once you were sure she had left, you happily chowed down on the waffles, they were warm, sweet and fluffy, probably the best and only proper meal you'd eaten in a very long time, unlike the plastic chip packets that Sam would shove down your throat whenever you didn't obey him. Then you chugged down the water like you hadn't had a drink in days. You didn't care if this was all a trick, you had nothing left to lose anyway.

Only about a minute after she'd left, she returned with a thick grey blanket and wrapped it around you bluntly saying, "You're really cold y'know?" she must've noticed your face suddenly drop, because she then proceeded to frantically add on, "I-I mean temperature wise, not like- your personality or anything!"

You chuckled a bit, which seemed to please the girl.

"Anyways, my name is Y/N, the lady who I was wrapping with my other wing is Pearl, the elf is Scar, and the guy with the moustache is Mumbo!" Y/N explained.

"You're Grian right?" she asked.

"..."

"N-no m-my na-name i-i-is T-T-Taur-T-Taurtis..." you stutter out, your body shaking progressively more uncontrollably. 'Frick!' you thought, 'calm down Gri- I mean Taurtis, you're supposed to be acting completely fine!' You didn't want to take any chances introducing yourself as your real name, and it was creepy enough that she already knew your name anyway.

Suddenly, you felt a hand being placed on your shoulder, "Grian, it's Y/N, Sam isn't here, he can't hurt you. I need you to calm down alright?" Y/N said, slowly petting you on the head.

For some reason, getting pet felt nice, you almost immediately stopped shaking and your breath returned to its usual pace. You didn't know why, maybe it's the parrot hybrid instincts.

~I've been watching too many Gacha HC videos, the thought of Grian liking getting pet is just stuck in my pea-sized brain lol~