Chapter 29

sorry I didn't update yesterday Cute Ones, I was busy telling Wattpad not to take "Abandoned by Doctor" down.  We're sorted now!

This is the last chapter of "Scotland's Mist".  Even though this story wasn't my most popular, I'm so, so, SO glad that some people got to enjoy it!  I'm taking requests for my next story *Note: that doesn't mean I'm guaranteed to use it, the inspiration has to be there.*  I plan to do a rewrite of 42 once I rewatch the episode.

Keep up with my one-shots to see when the next full length fic is! 

Thank you for the love, and enjoy the last chapter!

The Doctor and Rose procrastinated going to Jackie's in a very creative fashion, but at some point the woman was going to have to be let in on the fact that her daughter was one of the last two Time Lords.

The thought made Rose grin.  He wasn't alone anymore.  And no matter what she thought, that was what she had wanted all along.  Him to be safe, loved, cared for.  She just never imagined that it could actually be her.

They showered in painfully separate bathrooms and dressed and met in the console room.  Rose found she liked this new dynamic, and since she was now a Time Lady, the Doctor taught her more on flying the TARDIS.  He said it was something she would need to learn, and she gladly accepted this part of him.

He rattled on and on about switches and levers and "The mallet's mine, Rose, but I can get you one if you really want one".  That went on for about an hour until Rose was able to fully assist the Doctor into materializing at the Powell Estate.

They almost tumbled to the floor but seemed to keep their balance.  The Doctor looked over at Rose, a huge, stupid grin on his face.  He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her up as they laughed together.

"I'd thought I'd seen the last of those days," he admitted into her hair.  "Flying with somebody else."

"They're just starting, Doctor," Rose replied, and the Doctor gave her another squeeze before setting her down. 

He reached down to take her hand before the two of them went to exit the TARDIS.  Rose knew he was still upset about the whole ordeal with the Master, and she knew she wanted to talk about it with him later if he was willing, but for now all was well, and they'd won.  She mused at how good a team they made. 

"You!" A very angry Jackie Tyler approached Rose and the Doctor straight out of the TARDIS and to Rose's surprise, gave him a mighty smack across the face.

"Oi!" The Doctor reached up his free hand to touch his cheek.  "What was that for?"

"That was for being gone for a week and a half!" Jackie put her hands on her hips.  "You swan off to Scotland and don't even bother coming back once they announce that the mist is mysteriously, all of a sudden gone.  I knew it was you, but you didn't come back!"

The Doctor felt Rose prodding in the back of his mind and opened it up to her.

You want to tell her or shall I?

  The Doctor inwardly snorted. Might as well be me.  She's already slapped me.

The Doctor cleared his throat and rocked back on his heels.  "Well, Jackie, I-"

"I just want to know where in the bloomin' hell you were!"

"We were," The Doctor glanced at Rose and tugged at his ear.  "Well, er, we were... Busy."

"Were you shagging?"

Both Rose and the Doctor blinked at her blunt choice of words and looked at each other, shuffling awkwardly.  Finally, Rose held up a hand as her mother began to speak again. 

"We bonded, Mum," Rose said simply.

"That's what he calls it?" Jackie's eyebrows shot into her hairline.  "Bonding?"

"Mentally!" The Doctor hollered, than lowered his voice.  "Mentally, telepathically," he wiggled his fingers by his temple.  "We can get into each other's heads."

"Does that mean, you're... Together?"  Jackie asked slowly, smiling.

"Maybe we'd better talk about this inside," The Doctor said in a rushed voice, pulling Rose towards the Estate.  Jackie followed behind, almost blinded with joy at the fact that those two had finally gotten their acts together.  They thought they were being inconspicuous, the Doctor occasionally bumping his shoulder to Rose's, and Jackie thought there was no way that they thought she didn't notice Rose bringing their joined hands up to brush her lips across the Doctor's knuckles.

They made it back to the flat and Jackie brewed some tea before they had a  seat on the table.  She sat across from them and waited expectantly for them to begin.

The Doctor and Rose took turns telling the whole story, and Rose took the parts with the Master so that the Doctor wouldn't have to speak of it.  She held his hand and made sure he was alright. 

They both cleverly left out the part about Rose being a Time Lady until the very end.  Jackie let the whole thing seep in and she nodded slowly.  "So, you're alone, again?" She asked quietly, and sadly.

"Well, no," the Doctor admitted.  He glanced over at Rose.  "That was the... Main purpose for this whole visit.  Your Rose here is quite a treasure, Jackie."

"Your Rose now, too," Jackie pointed out, leaning back. "And yes, she is.  Go on."

"Rose's got two hearts," the Doctor said quietly.  "She's a Time Lady."

Jackie opened and closed her mouth a couple of times.  "She's a... And you're a... And you two..."  She held her hand to her head.  "Oh.  How the hell did that happen?"

"Bad wolf," Rose and the Doctor said together.  Jackie had to nod, because she had to understand, she knew about Bad Wolf, and all that nonsense.  "So, you're like him now."

It wasn't a question.  Rose nodded. "Yeah.  Two hearts, regenerations when I'll need them, the whole bunch," she shrugged.  "I'm a telepathic thing now too, that's how we were able to bond."

"Well it's about time," Jackie smiled.  "I'm happy for you."

"What, you're not mad?" Rose asked, furrowing her brows.  "You don't wanna kill the Doctor or anything?"

"He'd only regenerate," Jackie waved her off.  "Besides, I just wanted you to be happy, sweetheart, and I know you are with him."

The Doctor couldn't help but smile a little in pride of that statement.  Rose noticed, and she was proud of the smile that was there.  Everything really would be okay.

Rose was still adjusting to two hearts, so Jackie demanded they stay for a couple of days so she could make sure that Rose was alright.  After a lecture on "no shagging in Rose's old bedroom" was implemented, she went off to cook dinner.

Rose and the Doctor fell asleep in each other's arms that night, their quadruple heartbeats echoing almost audibly through the room.  Rose felt the steady rise and fall of his chest under her cheek and she realized that no amount of time, not even forever, would be enough.  But they had forever, and that was all that mattered now.

The Master was supposedly gone, but maybe he'd come back someday.  Either way, if he was going to be faced again, he would be faced by the strongest team in the universe.  The Oncoming Storm and Rose Tyler: Defender of the Earth.