Chapter 24

The Doctor looked at the door.  A bar across it, and the doorknob now gone from the earlier attempt.  He sighed and carded a hand through his hair.  "I don't know."  He admitted.

He wasn't sure if Rose actually heard him say he didn't know because she was licking his neck again.

"Rose," he squeaked out.  "Could you please let me think?"

"Why, Doctor?" She asked before biting his earlobe.  "Are you distracted?"

"Yes, verymuchso," the Doctor rushed out.  "You were doing fine just a minute ago, what's going on?"

"I told you, her mind is weak," the Master's voice filtered in.  "I can fling the aphoristic air in at her from anywhere.  I'm trying to get it to work on you, I've got to make something stronger for you.  Did you build up your mental walls?"

"Yes," The Doctor replied as Rose licked the underside of his jaw and blew a stream of cool air on it.  He shivered.  "Yes, I have."

"Hmm, pity, that," the Master replied thoughtfully.  "I'll work on it."

The Doctor eyed the door again, and tried to approach it, but Rose's legs got tangled with him and he almost fell.  He grabbed her around the waist and held them both up.  He pushed Rose away from him gently because she was really starting to cloud every single thought he had. 

He got as close to the door as he could, tugging at the bar, testing its stability.  He pursed his lips, noting how strong it was.  It was impossible for him to pull it from any vantage point.

Rose stood on tiptoe behind him and ran her nose along the shell of his ear.  "Come to bed, Doctor."

He groaned and tried to elbow her, but she was too quick and she darted to the other side of him, nipping and kissing up the other side of his neck.  He fought the urge to roll his eyes back in his head, and instead said, "Rose.  Don't you want to get out of here?  Get back to the TARDIS?  To our bedroom on the TARDIS?"

"Our bedroom," Rose purred.  "I like the sound of that."

"Me too, but we can't get there until we get out of here."  The Doctor said simply.  He paused and ran his finger along the outside of the sunken in doorknob.  There was a slight indent around it.  If he had his sonic, he would've been able to bring the doorknob out, and maybe resonate the bar across the door.  He paused and turned around so fast he knocked Rose off balance.

She squeaked in surprise and fell back a bit.  The Doctor sighed and scooped her up before throwing her on the bed.  "Stay," he said.  The word was not supposed to stay out gravelly or husky but somehow it managed to be both.  He blew out his cheeks at the sound. 

He opened the bedside drawer and shuffling around in it, looking for something he might be able to use to make another sonic.  The bedside cabinet itself was made out of metal, a good casing material.

Inside the drawer was a boxcutter next to a box of plastic cased chocolates.  Next to that was a collection of Time Lord writings, books and things.  The Doctor chucked to himself because the Master was just as stupid as ever.  The man was incredibly book smart, could recite pi to all the digits, but had no sense of anything else.  He knew the math to take over the world, but no other part of it.  If the Doctor knew nothing besides the math and science of things, the Master would have the Earth by tonight.

The Doctor knocked on the metal of the cabinet, noting it as thin, but not thin enough to slice through easily with the box cutter.  Although the chocolates were a cheeky jab at the actions he and Rose were supposed to partake in, them not being able to be opened without the boxcutter was a little blessing.

However, it might take him all night, and the Master might be watching.  So he'd need Rose to block angles. 

"Rose, can you come here?"

"Thought you told me to stay, Doctor," she replied from the bed.

The Doctor closed his eyes and breathed deeply, willing himself to not be affected.  "Right, and now I'm telling ou to come here and stand beside me.  Watch this."

Rose sighed sadly, "Yeah, okay," and he heard the rustling of bedclothes as she slid off and next to him, her arms wrapping around him.

This was also blessedly convenient.  she was covering anything he might be doing, but she was also nibbling at his neck again, which was decidedly lovely but not convenient.

He slid the boxcutter into the metal of the bedside counter, cutting from the side so it would be less obvious.  It wouldn't be a smooth cut, it would take a lot of jiggling and sliding and blowing Rose's hair out of his face, but it was very doable.

"What are you up to?" She asked lowly, a hint of genuine interest in her voice.  He relaxed at the notion that she wasn't too far gone. 

"Making a sonic," he whispered.

"Oh!" she said excitedly, whispering as well.  "And then we'll go to bed?"

"Yes, Rose, and then we'll go to bed."

"Do you even want to?"  Rose asked, now feeling unsure.

He chanced turning to look her in the face.  "Yes, Rose, I want to very badly, and we will," he lifted a hand to her face and traced his thumb over her bottom lip.  "I love you."

She whimpered and leaned forward to kiss him.  The Doctor didn't ward her off, because he didn't want to and he sensed that she needed the reassurance after all of his warding off her advances.  He cupped the back of her head and returned her kiss deeply before delicately pulling away. 

"Love you too," Rose said near a whisper, and the Doctor smiled.  He turned back to the boxcutter and slid it farther down in the metal, wincing at the sound it made.

This would work.  Yes.  This could work.